The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By rich 20
Hi people, I after some advice on if I've got any chance of getting of on my speeding ticket on a technicality?

Story goes I get caught doing 57 in a 40 which I hold my hands for, I get pulled over and receive a ticket. But like peter griffin It really grinds my gears that he was hidden right back of the slip road using bushes for cover and catching not just me at the bottom of a flyover were you've picked up speed. The biggest bit now the fine is £100, if it was still £60 I would just take it I can't see how they've justified the increase grrr.

Any way this happen on the 1st September on the ticket which says I'll receive a notification in 28 days, I haven't received anything in still yesterday. Once opened in the corner it says it was issued on the the 26th September, is there a loop hole in postage delay? Etc that I might be able to use as get out?

Any help is much appreciated, regards rich
By Omni
No, they have 14 days to issue a notice of intended prosecution (which is your ticket) and then 6 months to bring the case to court. Quite apart from which, the 1st to the 26th September IS less than 28 days...

And if he so desired, the guy could disguise himself as a traffic cone and still be able to do you

Can't do the time...etc
By rich 20
Oh well, but 28 days / 26 days wait from the day of the offence to tell you are getting a fixed pertly, going court or a driving course is a joke. Before the officer would tell you there and then what you'll be receiving.
By mjhamilton
Just pay it and stop whining

You were doing 17mph more that the limit - you were knowingly speeding - this is breaking the law - you broke the law
By Welshy81
If you have actually been stopped by the officer the chances are you were given a verbal NIP and reported for the offence as well. With regards to the verbal NIP you may find that the force dealing with you may still send out a written NIP just as a precaution incase the driver argues they didn't understand or have a verbal one at the time. This needs to be sent out within 14 days of the offence.

Being reported for the offence at the time of having the ticket also serves the purpose so that if you chose to do nothing with the ticket and just ignore it the officer could just put together a summons file for the matter instead of trying to find you again to report you. The summons would have to be laid within 6 months of the offence date.

17mph over the limit is not far off being summonsed for the offence anyway without the option of a ticket, so take the hit mate!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]