The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By Muffinman69
My missus reversed out of her space this morning and didn't see a neighbours car parked behind, on my property. She told the neighbour, and they got a quote without going through insurance.

I'm going to phone my partners insurance company tomorrow, because I don't think shes 100% at fault due to the car being parked on my property.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
By Graham1
The sad thing is. I've heard this story before, only the person was going forward and the parked car came out of no-where.

Buy your mrs some glasses and a bigger rear view mirror, and pay the damage.
By Liam Type-R
Lol, not at fault because its on your property. Srs?

You drive into someone on your drive and kill them, your fault? No m.8 my drive, do want I want.
By Muffinman69
I'm not denying that shes at fault at all, but as the car was parked somewhere illegally I wondered if it would possibly be a 50/50.

I own the parking space in front of the house all the way to a fence about 10 meters infront. The car was parked opposite. It was parked close enough that I I struggled to get out this morning, and our house deeds state that no cars are to block access, which they keep doing.

Before I asked here, I did tell her just to pay it, but I thought I may have other legal grounds to stand on!
By EvoStu
Muffinman69 wrote:I'm not denying that shes at fault at all, but as the car was parked somewhere illegally I wondered if it would possibly be a 50/50.

I own the parking space in front of the house all the way to a fence about 10 meters infront. The car was parked opposite. It was parked close enough that I I struggled to get out this morning, and our house deeds state that no cars are to block access, which they keep doing.

Before I asked here, I did tell her just to pay it, but I thought I may have other legal grounds to stand on!
Its not parked illegally. Do you have signs up on your property to say its private land and shouldn't be parked on? I'm guessing not.

Pay the money for the damage then. Its your missus fault.
By JE_CTR
Ha ha ha I see this one at work so much, if someone is parked on double yellow lines does that mean every man and his dog (presuming the dog could drive) is allowed to just drive into them because they are illegally parked? I think you may be clutching at straws fella, just pay the neighbour for the repairs - it's cheaper than doing it through your insurance.
By J
Pay up. If they park there again get your mrs to hit them again. Repeat till neighbors learn lesson or you run out of money.
By mjhamilton
Buy a bulldozer next time and smash them out of the way - as this is a commercial vehicle you won't be liable no matter how badly damaged the other vehicle is
By JenCTR
Muffinman69 wrote:I'm not denying that shes at fault at all, but as the car was parked somewhere illegally I wondered if it would possibly be a 50/50.

Nut. No danger. As long as that car was stationary as she was moving and she hit it, she is in the wrong.

I know this because I heard a story once about a lovely young blonde lady who had her Japanese Hot Hatch parked over a parking bay whilst someone was in it... Very naughty place to park whilst she sat and spoke to someone. Then a young gentleman walked past her car, got into his, and reversed into her car which was sitting behind his.

He tried to claim off her for being illegally parked and the insurance went 'LOL u Mad Bro, U hit her, U pay thousands for repair and then will never be able to insure a car again'

Young ladies Japanese Hot Hatch got fixed and she lived happily ever after.... Until a Taxi driver hit the same Japanese Hot Hatch, in the same place, on the other side, 3 weeks later whilst she was in her bed and her car was parked outside her house. She also won that one too.
By J
partner had a bump
Congratulations boy or girl.
By JenCTR
mjhamilton wrote:Japanese hot hatch made in Swindon UK
Did I say all of the story was true? Some of it was a fairy story!
By mjhamilton
JenCTR wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Japanese hot hatch made in Swindon UK
Did I say all of the story was true? Some of it was a fairy story!

oooh you were pulling a KodB on us :bigthumb: :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]