The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By dan11219
Came round the corner and saw a police camera van clock said 35-37ish but slowed down as soon as I saw it l, any chance of getting 3 points at that speed?
By NHB_EP3_Chris
If you were doing under 40 its likely they would offer you the speed awareness course instead of taking 3pts. In my case I didn't even get offered the chance, but ironically my insurance halved come renewal time.
By J@mes
My dad got points for 36-37 a few years back, I think it just depends what they want to give you when it comes to getting the awareness course.
By zs_phil
£95 fine and speed awareness corse on the way to you
Or you can take £60 and 3 points

Someone at work just got the same for 35 in a 30
By RoBMX
dan11219 wrote:Bugger, cheers anyway guys!

Annoying as admiral now bump up insurance for speed aweness course
Shufflers!

I got 3 points and a fine for 36 in a 30 through a fixed camera (idiot, I know), no option of a course though.
By Superman001
dan11219 wrote:Bugger, cheers anyway guys!

Annoying as admiral now bump up insurance for speed aweness course
The only incentive of the speed awareness was to avoid the insurance increase that 3 points give you, sounds like you would have to call them and ask what costs more, 3 points on you license or the fact you have done the speed awareness course.

All sounds like a big con to me :bad-words:
By Omni
Yeah I noticed on my renewal this year they asked for convictions including speed awareness courses, also they've changed the wording for the driving other vehicles to say the other vehicle must have a valid insurance policy.

Obviously wise to WnB shenanigans

Take the points like a man
By NHB_EP3_Chris
Taking the points was a more viable option for me. Having to take a day off work and pay £100 to be patronised by a preaching do-gooder seems a bit of a crappy deal to me, especially if it puts your premium up anyway.
By Superman001
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:Taking the points was a more viable option for me. Having to take a day off work and pay £100 to be patronised by a preaching do-gooder seems a bit of a crappy deal to me, especially if it puts your premium up anyway.
I suppose if you have always had a clean licence it would probably be better to take it on the chin and have the 3 points, couldn't think of anything worse than having to spend a whole day listening to someone you would love to run over :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]