The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By ben-111
my company has lost the contract I work on so there's a good chance I'll be getting laid off unless I can fill another role

Anyway I've been working there since may 2009, hopefully it won't but if I do lose it it will be the first job I've lost so I don't know how it goes, obviously I'll be paid for what I've done since last payday, do I get all my remaining holidays paid?( 19 days left)

Anything else?
By Omni
Holidays are paid pro rata so what you would have accrued up until the last day or employment, unless its changed a weeks pay for every year you've been there which is tax free and a months notice.
By Omni
And possibly a CTRO 'OK :wink: ' but undisclosed amount as a payout, but the above is the minimum and anything else would be at the company's discretion, usually f**k all.
By ben-111
Right so if I was to get told I'm been laid off next month if get

This months pay
next months as they would give me months notice
19 days holiday pay, is that tax free aswell?
And 4 weeks pay tax free for working there 4 years?
By Omni
Well it depends what holiday you've already taken and what you would have earned

So, for example, I get 29 days holiday a year, so I 'earn' 2.4ish days a month, so if I'd worked 9 months of the year I'd have accrued 21.75 days, if I'd taken 10 they would owe me 11.75

And no holiday pay is not tax free

Rest of it is correct
By mjhamilton
You won't get 19 days holiday as above

When does the holiday year start and how many days do you get?

Divide the number of days by 12 to get the monthly actual and multiply by the number of months you are into the holiday year

That is how many days you are owed - now deduct any days you have taken since the start of the holiday year as well

Et voila this is what you are owed
By mjhamilton
Look up the statutory on the gov website

This will show you a calculator to work out what they have to give you - normally it's based on time in service and age band

This is the minimum and all they have to pay - anything else is up to them and can = 0
By mjhamilton
Microsoft are looking for people to help market and sell the xbone

They need some who can rapidly copy and paste other peoples comment from the interwebz

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]