The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By jdw88rm
Hiya guys,

Just wanting opinions really. Got caught speeding back in May - was doing 45 in a 30. Received the letter and I replied and filled in the appropriate form to admit my crime but also phoned them to say that I'm in the military and was ironically soon on a military driving course and so wouldn't be able to submit my license just yet!
The bloke I spoke to was sound and said that's fine and to keep them updated.
I've been busy with work and moved base last month so its been a busy time but also (I'll hold my hands up) purposely didn't get back to them about my points/fine or whatever.
This morning I received a letter now asking for my licenses and card details to pay the fine. My question is - seeing as it was so long ago can I get out of it or have they got me?

Cheers!
By karl
yeah, as it happened in May this year, there is just no way they can ask you for them, who the fuck do they think they are? clearly the passage of time, albeit just 2 months, absolves you of all responsibility :salut:
By Just Dirk
jdw88rm wrote:Hiya guys,

Just wanting opinions really. Got caught speeding back in May - was doing 45 in a 30. Received the letter and I replied and filled in the appropriate form to admit my crime but also phoned them to say that I'm in the military and was ironically soon on a military driving course and so wouldn't be able to submit my license just yet!
The bloke I spoke to was sound and said that's fine and to keep them updated.
I've been busy with work and moved base last month so its been a busy time but also (I'll hold my hands up) purposely didn't get back to them about my points/fine or whatever.
This morning I received a letter now asking for my licenses and card details to pay the fine. My question is - seeing as it was so long ago can I get out of it or have they got me?

Cheers!
Quoted for obvious reasons :bday:
By karl
OP, go out and speed again, then they can't do anything under double jeopardy law, ie, you can't be done for the same crime twice, but you need to be quick as it has to be within a week of receiving the letter from them :salut:
By civictyper45
karl wrote:yeah, as it happened in May this year, there is just no way they can ask you for them, who the flip do they think they are? clearly the passage of time, albeit just 2 months, absolves you of all responsibility :salut:
:roflmao:
By mjhamilton
naaaah just leave it... I heard from one of danneth's mates that it is like the TV license.. they cannot chase you or make you actually pay for this at all :bigthumb:
By Josh1921
mjhamilton wrote:naaaah just leave it... I heard from one of danneth's mates that it is like the TV license.. they cannot chase you or make you actually pay for this at all :bigthumb:
They can't though :scratch:
By mickdj
I thought if they didn't contact you with in a certain time you could get away with it, but they did get in touch and just prolonged the time you had to deal with it.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]