The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By nicko
as above i was driving this morning my trusty daily (106D pug) i was in the right-hand lane of dual carriage way and there was 7.5t tipper in inside lane that just pulled out to overtake and "didnt see me" and completely wiped out the passenger side of me.

police was on had they are not getting involved as no injuries, insurance was called and courtesy car was being issued to me.

just had phone call from insurance company to say no car coming and the truck driver is now disputing liability and saying i swerved in to him.

wtf do i do now?

:bad-words:
By mickdj
Stand your ground i had a claim what took 10 months to sort out as the other person was in the wrong my insurance company kept wanting me to go 50/50 so they were getting ready for court and then next thing id got.my cheque through the door and she had backed down
By bonezzz
I would've thought your insurance company would be handling it for you once you've said it's not your fault?

As for the courtesy car, call back the insurance and kick off. Tell them you are stuck, you've paid your insurance, and you're not at fault. It's what you pay for after all.

Seriously call them
By SuperFLY
Andy-type r wrote:
nicko wrote:i was driving this morning my trusty daily (106D pug) i was in the right-hand lane of dual carriage way
What were you doing in the right hand lane?
i'd venture a guess at saying he was driving his car along it :scratch:

OP, do you not have any witnesses?

i was very lucky (kinda) when a lorry did this to me on the m25 many years ago.. the guy spoke no english at all but thankfully there was a copper sitting in his car 100yds in front (police had already closed one lane for some reason) and he immediately came over and said 'he's hit you hasn't he' and took control of the slow and loud speaking method to get the guys details off him.

that took nearly a year to resolve due to foreign insurers etc.. but it did get sorted.

stick to your guns and don't take any crap from their or even your insurers (insurers quite often want to roll over as they can't be bothered the hassle of fighting it - and we wonder why our premiums keep going up..)
By Rcb
Andy-type r wrote:
nicko wrote:i was driving this morning my trusty daily (106D pug) i was in the right-hand lane of dual carriage way
What were you doing in the right hand lane?
Overtaking?

Lucky you are alright mate. 106s aren't the sturdiest of cars!
By Just Dirk
nicko wrote:Just spoke to the insureance there are already saying car is a total loss so they will not issues a car and likly going towards a 50/50.

So lose 7years ncb no daily steed and hiked premium next year.
Bry a witness off here mum?!
By algreene
Just Dirk wrote:
nicko wrote:Just spoke to the insureance there are already saying car is a total loss so they will not issues a car and likly going towards a 50/50.

Bry a witness off here mum?!
:bigthumb:

Dont tell Nys or Ed34857829
By Stevo07

You shouldn't lose all ncb. Also last time I had a shunt the following year's premium actually came down. Positive note, you're not dead.
By Superman001
If 50/50 or your fault you would lose no claims but as your not at fault you shouldn't lose any of your no claims.
By RoBMX
Who was the insurance company just out interest?

Insurance companies piss me off, the above is clearly just wrong. At least you're in one piece as said but the insurance thing is infuriating.
By Omni
As said, no point cancelling the claim now because its already on record, and if he's being a c**t about admitting fault it's unlikely he is going to hand over any dosh just like that

Stick to your guns and just dispute it until they are fed up of hearing your voice, can't the five-o vouch for your story if they attended the scene?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]