The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By mickdj
Claim info must be kept on a national data base or something because when i rand an insurance company up for a quote within the five years of my accident before they asked me if i havery had any claims they said i see you had a none fault claim in 2005
By algreene
Superman001 wrote:If 50/50 or your fault you would lose no claims but as your not at fault you shouldn't lose any of your no claims.
Yes you do. My brothers insurer took 2 years from him when it wasn't his fault and they went 50/50..
By NyseriA
You don't lose all NCB, but you do lose some.

Police don't referee non-injury disputes.

It's annoying when you're involved isn't it? Apparently, my R32 pushed a 3 tonne LWB Shogun into a Focus, crushing the back of the focus and the front of the shogun, except I just had a cracked number plate a little hole in my grille from the tow ball. According to my insurers, they'll do that as a matter of course to try and avoid any expenses for themselves but will never take it to court.

It is likely in your case that it's not the truck driver disputing it (he probably doesn't care either way) but the insurers muddying the water. Depending where the impact was, I'd be pointing out that on the balance of probabilities there is little chance you swerved into the side of a massive truck but a high chance he didn't see a little pug in the blind spot and squashed it. That's how the court would see it.
By Just Dirk
NyseriA wrote:You don't lose all NCB, but you do lose some.

Police don't referee non-injury disputes.

It's annoying when you're involved isn't it? Apparently, my R32 pushed a 3 tonne LWB Shogun into a Focus, crushing the back of the focus and the front of the shogun, except I just had a cracked number plate a little hole in my grille from the tow ball. According to my insurers, they'll do that as a matter of course to try and avoid any expenses for themselves but will never take it to court.

It is likely in your case that it's not the truck driver disputing it (he probably doesn't care either way) but the insurers muddying the water. Depending where the impact was, I'd be pointing out that on the balance of probabilities there is little chance you swerved into the side of a massive truck but a high chance he didn't see a little pug in the blind spot and squashed it. That's how the court would see it.
Did you ever get anywhere with that after????
By b0t13
fight them to the end, both insurance companies!

if you think itll go 50/50 then dont claim and speak to the driver, yes youll have an 'accident' on record, but not a 'claim'

the two are different, claims are what flip you over more whereas even if they give you 100% youll still have an accident on your record
By Shappers
mickdj wrote:Claim info must be kept on a national data base or something because when i rand an insurance company up for a quote within the five years of my accident before they asked me if i havery had any claims they said i see you had a none fault claim in 2005
It is. You can also write to them for a fee of £10 and get them to send you all the details you have on record.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]