The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
Hi guys, I am newbie on this forum and i am really hoping someone out there can help me!

I have a 2004 civic sport that I don't use which just sits on the driveway.

It is not insured and is SORN'ed, I normally use it on the odd occasion two or three times a year. The rest of the time it remains on the driveway untaxed, uninsured and SORN'ed.

When I went outside this morning I have discovered my car has been damaged, the rear panel has been damaged, I guess someone has used my driveway to turn around but went into the side of my car when pulling back out?

I never saw the incident but it could have happened last night, I never noticed the damage till this morning.

What should I do? The rear wheel arch has slightly caved in and I think it will cost a lot to repair? I do not have the kind of money to get the car repaired and I haven't caused the accident!

My house is fully insured and the car was parked on the driveway when it happened. Can anyone give me some advice.

Should I inform the police, will that do any good?

Can I get the car repaired through my home insurance?

I have another car that I use regularly, fully insured, taxed etc can I make a claim through the other car's policy?

Many thanks in advance
If the car is on a sorn and has no insurance then there is not much you can do really

I would report the incident to the police as this could effectively be classed as vandalism or destruction of private property

You could try your house insurance but it would be unlikely they would touch a car

Good luck

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]