The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By Pee Zed
Ah, that's what I meant when I said "with no evidence"; an intel-based situation.
By NyseriA
I might have said that a little unclearly.

If, for example, there is intelligence on my system that Berty Bloggs is driving a green Polo, VRM A999 CAB and he is driving like a douche with drugs on him, then I can't arrest him for that but it does open up grounds to search under misuse of drugs act. Stopping him in a vehicle would therefore need to be done by the RTA. However, if he was stationary as in the video (which I still refuse to watch, annoying git!) then he can be detained under the misuse of drugs act and driving off will be a different offence (but not fail to stop).

However, if I was to deal with the driving like a douche...different kettle of fish :)

Other offences are different again, depending on the level of intelligence.

It is seemingly easier to just get on with it than explain it :lol:

If a member of the public had pointed out to the officers that the guy was doing handbrake turns etc then they have evidence (independent witness) and then the summons route (and subsequent power of arrest) is there. If there was no offence disclosed, then that route is not there and he can leave.

The fact that he was driving around with a mobile phone was an offence though, so should have been picked up on really.

It was in North Manchester btw, looking at the people that he has been "interacting with" and I bet they know exactly who it is :lol:
By Marko_ep3
Everybody involved in that video is a cumguzzler exept the blonde who quite rightly kept quiet,, that's my take on it anyway
By Pee Zed
NyseriA wrote:I might have said that a little unclearly.

If, for example, there is intelligence on my system that Berty Bloggs is driving a green Polo, VRM A999 CAB and he is driving like a douche with drugs on him, then I can't arrest him for that but it does open up grounds to search under misuse of drugs act. Stopping him in a vehicle would therefore need to be done by the RTA. However, if he was stationary as in the video (which I still refuse to watch, annoying git!) then he can be detained under the misuse of drugs act and driving off will be a different offence (but not fail to stop).

However, if I was to deal with the driving like a douche...different kettle of fish :)

Other offences are different again, depending on the level of intelligence.

It is seemingly easier to just get on with it than explain it :lol:

If a member of the public had pointed out to the officers that the guy was doing handbrake turns etc then they have evidence (independent witness) and then the summons route (and subsequent power of arrest) is there. If there was no offence disclosed, then that route is not there and he can leave.

The fact that he was driving around with a mobile phone was an offence though, so should have been picked up on really.

It was in North Manchester btw, looking at the people that he has been "interacting with" and I bet they know exactly who it is :lol:
Good to know. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

I still think you should watch the video though. :-D
By Stevo07
Managed a couple of minutes. What an annoying thundercunt that guy is, needs a kick in the nuts!

ETA: skipped to end, why so many cops for one guy, I'm sure I heard one of them answer no to the knob's question of 'have you no criminals to catch?'.
By NyseriA
Stevo07 wrote:Managed a couple of minutes. What an annoying thundercunt that guy is, needs a kick in the nuts!

ETA: skipped to end, why so many cops for one guy, I'm sure I heard one of them answer no to the knob's question of 'have you no criminals to catch?'.
Pfft, it's north Manchester, there're plenty :lol:
By Pee Zed
civictyper45 wrote:Is that normal for more officers to respond to 1 individual ?
Did they feel threatened..that they called for back up?
Yeah I never understood this, it's one person. Why the heck do they feel the need to have 8 or so people plus a meatwagon as well is beyond me. Here in Europe you'd stain your pants if just one copper approached you, the roided kuntz. :lol:
By NyseriA
civictyper45 wrote:Is that normal for more officers to respond to 1 individual ?
It's not just about threat, it may have been that the other officers have a knowledge of the person or the situation, better knowledge of a particular area of law etc. If you shout up on an open channel, several patrols might respond even if not needed. Depends how it's worded, really.

One thing I have always found is that adults in general, and particularly those that are supposed to be trained, really don't like admitting that they don't know something. Doesn't bother me, I'd rather just get it right rather than antagonise people unnecessarily.
By NyseriA
player zero wrote:
Yeah I never understood this, it's one person. Why the heck do they feel the need to have 8 or so people plus a meatwagon as well is beyond me. Here in Europe you'd stain your pants if just one copper approached you, the roided kuntz. :lol:

That's because we're policed by consent and use the minimal levels of force. It's often forgotten and it's why British police officers are sought after in the colonies, because you tend to be less likely to resort to force and more likely to use communication. Not that the video is a particularly good example of this, I am guessing :lol:
By civictyper45
NyseriA wrote: One thing I have always found is that adults in general, and particularly those that are supposed to be trained, really don't like admitting that they don't know something. Doesn't bother me, I'd rather just get it right rather than antagonise people unnecessarily.
Need more officers like you then :salut:
By b21man
Because that is how they behave within inner cities like Manchester, Birmingham etc. Try and antagonise certain people and 'inflame' the situation so it gets to the point where they can do something.
By NyseriA
They, being whom?

I've worked South Manchester for nearly 10 years and have managed to speak to thousands of people, including gang members, criminals and members of the public without requiring copious amounts of backup. If you come across a cop trying to inflame the situation, just don't rise to it, take their number and let their boss know. Doesn't hurt having a copy on your phone either and you don't have to let them know (other than being polite) that it's being recorded.
By Just Dirk
NyseriA wrote:They, being whom?

I've worked South Manchester for nearly 10 years and have managed to speak to thousands of people, including gang members, criminals and members of the public without requiring copious amounts of backup. If you come across a cop trying to inflame the situation, just don't rise to it, take their number and let their boss know. Doesn't hurt having a copy on your phone either and you don't have to let them know (other than being polite) that it's being recorded.
Srs? I thought to record someone legally they had to know?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]