The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By NyseriA
PH47MF wrote:If he ignores number 2 and 3 like he did in the vid, can you jump straight to 4 and 5? If these options were available, why didn't the 8 of them do something :crazy:
Yes.

Don't know. Easy life? I would doubt they were traffic cops, I'll see who it was by running that collar number tomorrow and email them the link :lol:
By ED209
NyseriA wrote:I couldn't watch more than a single minute of that annoying twit.

If you want to ask me specific details about the legality or situation, please feel free but I am not letting that turd abuse my ears.

The instant someone is like that:

1.) Yes, the are being stopped under the road traffic act and caution them.
2.) Tell them the offence, request details.
3.) Clarify details.
4.) Report for summons or seize vehicle if required.
5.) Reasonable force can be used to achieve these aims.

Officers are not in uniform, no power to stop the car under road traffic act.

I agree he is an idiot though and was probably quite rightly being spoken to.
By ED209
NyseriA wrote:It's already stopped though, from the several seconds I saw :salut:

Well what power is there to keep him stopped and detain him?? none. The road traffic act mentions uniform not livered vehicles.

Esily dealt with, "Sir I believe you have done a handbrake turn which is careless driving" (assuming thats what he had done)

The driver "rant, rant, rant, waffle, waffle rant"

"Sir could you please give me your name and address so I can serve a summons on you for careless driving"

The driver "waffle, waffle, waffle a bit more waffle then a rant"

Me "ok since you will not provide your name/address then I cannot serve a summons, you are therefore under arrest for careless driving"

Conversation over in a lot less than a minute, never mind 9 minutes.
By b21man
Obviously he couldn't prove he did a handbrake turn, otherwise he would of followed the above procedure, so why bother stopping him then.

Or, he wanted to have a chat but couldn't be bothered to go through with it using the correct procedure, if this is the case then why bother trying to stop the guy in the first place.

The PCSO or whatever he was casually leaning against the guys car, like its his property was wrong. The fact the plain clothed officer stated he wasn't detaining him but yet proceeded to say to 'comms' that the guy in the car was making off!! This again was wrong. Asking him where he was born etc and saying to get out for a chat, just do the check on the car using what I presume was the guys license he held up to the window and either do him for something or just get on with the day and stop wasting time. The 9 minutes was a complete waste of time due to the way the plain clothed officer dealt with it.

Some police officers also think they are above the law, or at least above abiding by correct procedures, I'm glad they got 'owned' in this video :thumbup: :shouldbeinteresting:
By NyseriA
b21man wrote:Obviously he couldn't prove he did a handbrake turn, otherwise he would of followed the above procedure, so why bother stopping him then.
There's always the option of a quick friendly chat to advise people, it's not all black and white prosecution (thankfully). However, if you go into a situation and you don't have the legal powers to back up any authority you might claim to have, you just leave yourself open to dicks like this. They always come again though, as they say ;)
The PCSO or whatever he was casually leaning against the guys car, like its his property was wrong.
Agreed. Doesn't cost anything to be professional.
The fact the plain clothed officer stated he wasn't detaining him but yet proceeded to say to 'comms' that the guy in the car was making off!! This again was wrong. Asking him where he was born etc and saying to get out for a chat, just do the check on the car using what I presume was the guys license he held up to the window and either do him for something or just get on with the day and stop wasting time.
All seem fair enough.
The 9 minutes was a complete waste of time due to the way the plain clothed officer dealt with it.
It's a waste of time anyway.
Some police officers also think they are above the law, or at least above abiding by correct procedures, I'm glad they got 'owned' in this video :thumbup: :shouldbeinteresting:
Not too many, in my experience, most just want to sort out baddies and help decent people.
By eatthis
iv got alot of sympathy for coppers theyve got a sh-t job imo
By matts1
Agreed, The lad is a total c**t but the copper was wrong all the way along, I have met police officers that are spot on, but have met many that are power trippers. He knew he was dealing with an idiot, he knew he had nothing on him, so then tries to claim he is doing a drive off?? so when you can't get one over on the person you have stopped you have to make up an offense?? Hhhmm, lucky he wasn't a politician on a pushbike!!

Yes he was a tool, but the officer should have either dealt with it in a better way, or accepted the guy was a clever d**k and let him on his was rather than trying various things to try and win the day and put him in his place in front of the helper.

I hope the lad is squeaky clean as I would say that car will be a target for a while :lol:
By NyseriA
matts1 wrote:I hope the lad is squeaky clean as I would say that car will be a target for a while :lol:
Nah, not for something as petty as this - there are too many criminals to target to get upset about smart arses. That said, if it ever came your way...

There are certainly easier ways to have an easy and trouble free life than baiting the police and seeing how much you can antagonise them.

It's funny how the videos of them being caught bang to right and processed never materialise on the internet. Perhaps the police should be allowed to start putting their bodycam footage onto YouTube. I have some crackers :lol:
By Pee Zed
I'd like to know what the difference is between these two clear-cut situations.

1. Police officers see a car perform a handbrake turn (full on view, recorded, no BS).

2. Police officers suspect a car of reckless driving (or any generally minor offence, but with no evidence at all, e.g. in the video).

When somebody is pulled over, unless they are actually convicted of anything, or being detained, or even being given an official warning, aren't they just free to leave? Surely there has to be some sort of reason for a copper to stop somebody for questioning (or anything) for that matter, otherwise they would abuse the crap out of their job!
By NyseriA
What do you mean by, "suspect with no evidence at all?"

If there is no evidence at all, how would they suspect? :)

It's basically as Ed said above; suspect an offence has been committed so you have powers of arrest under SOCAPA that mean the "gentlemen" has to comply with giving his name, address etc in order that a summons can be issued. If any of the conditions of arrest are satisfied, you can be arrested.

In the video, if they suspected that he had committed an offence then they had the power to detain him. If they did not and it was all intel based, they did not. Of course, he was driving a car. Was it his? Did it have insurance etc? Not being in uniform can be a bit problematic when dealing with traffic stuff, but there you go.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]