The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By NyseriA
Liam Type-R wrote:
NyseriA wrote::salut:

Not met a freeman of the land, yet :mrgreen:
Record it when you do.

How do you deal with it?

If all is in order, he goes on his way?

Of course, but if he can't produce a driving licence or insurance then there may be issues.

The reason these things take time in the UK is because the police here tend to try and sort it out amicably and reason with people a surprising length of time. Try it in France, the states etc.

"No officer, I don't have my documents because I don't need them and there's nothing you can do about it..."

Good luck :lol:
By Liam Type-R
But that is the point about it though?

They can sort the insurance part.

But dont want the driving licence or dvla documents. I thought that was the point in them doing it?

So you can't excercise your (god given) right to travel how ever you see fit?

Not trolling, interested in the law and how it works, you read so much about people who claim to know. :salut:
By NyseriA
Liam Type-R wrote:But that is the point about it though?

But dont want the driving licence or dvla documents. I thought that was the point in them doing it?

Not trolling, interested in the law and how it works, you read so much about people who claim to know. :salut:

I don't get what you're asking.

I cba watching the videos B21; can you summarise how they lied and what the argument is? The one that cops tend to get wrong is demanding people get out of the car.
You need to have a driving licence and insurance (and MOT) to drive on the road. And a VEL, but that's some other agencies problem.

If you don't have them, God giving you a right to travel won't stand up as a valid defence in court.
By b21man
The first is subjective, the officer feels he did something wrong and the driver has a different version of events on camera, the officer then says that the the driver saw it was a police car and did it on purpose in order to antagonise him, the usual leaning on his car and asking him to get out the car.
He also reminds him he is breaking the law by using a mobile phone whilst stationary because his engine is running. He is then told its an ipod and the officer says ok and walks back to his car.

The second officer states he is legally obliged to get out of his car and speak to the officer in his car :thumbup:
By algreene
NyseriA wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:
NyseriA wrote::salut:

Not met a freeman of the land, yet :mrgreen:
Record it when you do.

How do you deal with it?

If all is in order, he goes on his way?

Of course, but if he can't produce a driving licence or insurance then there may be issues.

The reason these things take time in the UK is because the police here tend to try and sort it out amicably and reason with people a surprising length of time. Try it in France, the states etc.

"No officer, I don't have my documents because I don't need them and there's nothing you can do about it..."

Good luck :lol:

By algreene
Also parts about how our government is actually a registered businesses, including police, fire and law courts..
By NyseriA
b21man wrote:The first is subjective, the officer feels he did something wrong and the driver has a different version of events on camera, the officer then says that the the driver saw it was a police car and did it on purpose in order to antagonise him, the usual leaning on his car and asking him to get out the car.
He also reminds him he is breaking the law by using a mobile phone whilst stationary because his engine is running. He is then told its an ipod and the officer says ok and walks back to his car.

The second officer states he is legally obliged to get out of his car and speak to the officer in his car :thumbup:

The phrase that one retired DCI told me as a probie was, "know your craft, if you don't learn it don't a load of wotsit it."

Seems wise :)
By algreene
NyseriA wrote:
algreene wrote:Also parts about how our government is actually a registered businesses, including police, fire and law courts..
ACPO are a registered business, but I am not entirely sure that the constabulary in general is. If it is, what of it, if it's also an agency of the crown? :scratch:
And our laws were created by a company..

OCP anyone? :roflmao:
By Liam Type-R
NyseriA wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:But that is the point about it though?

I don't get what you're asking.

I cba watching the videos B21; can you summarise how they lied and what the argument is? The one that cops tend to get wrong is demanding people get out of the car.
You need to have a driving licence and insurance (and MOT) to drive on the road. And a VEL, but that's some other agencies problem.

If you don't have them, God giving you a right to travel won't stand up as a valid defence in court.
Just from a couple of videos i have seen.

People don't contract themselves to 'companies' who make laws, and only use the rights that they have as a human being. Sounds daft i agree, but wondered what the hell they base it on?

Are the laws we a subject to able to be undermined/avoided?

You used the term 'freeman', so wondered if they are actually free men?
By Liam Type-R
A form of law but not 'the' law?

A form of law (company policy) that you contract yourself to via your birth certificate, which is just a piece of paper you associate yourself to according to the bloke in the vid, not saying he is right, but listened to it at work as it is better than the radio.

Interesting what he says even if made up. :salut:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]