The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By Omni
A quick google for 'freemen on the land" suggests most people that have tried this defence have served, or are currently serving prison sentences

I guess just saying 'the law doesn't apply to me because I choose to ignore it' isn't a valid defence after all, who'dathunk
By Liam Type-R
That is what i found as well.

Though some people call themselves a 'freeman of the land' and think that is all that needs to be done, but you have to know what the fukc you are doing and understand the language, too easy to get tangled up in it and end up shooting yourself in the foot.

You would have to watch/listen to it to understand the angle he is looking at it from and what he has understood by breaking down the legal language (legalese) of what has been written out to understand exactly what he means.
By NyseriA
Liam Type-R wrote:A form of law but not 'the' law?
Acts of parliament pass through both houses and then gain royal assent and they are therefore as much "law" as any other "law" and if you don't consent to them, you leave the society that democratically voted them in.
A form of law (company policy) that you contract yourself to via your birth certificate, which is just a piece of paper you associate yourself to according to the bloke in the vid, not saying he is right, but listened to it at work as it is better than the radio.
Company policy is not law, it's company policy.

The bloke in the vid might be interesting, but he is completely wrong.

Put it this way, no matter what he knows, what he's done or what he's said, the end result of being stopped by the police and refusing or being unable to provide a driving licence and insurance results in your arrest, transport to court and potential prison.
By Pee Zed
Why insurance? I thought you guys have access to that info all the time?
By NyseriA
player zero wrote:Why insurance? I thought you guys have access to that info all the time?
We have access to the MID but that doesn't tell you everything and the phone lines aren't likely to be open at 3am.

Besides, if they're not going to identify themselves or have a licence, having access to the MID is a little redundant.
By Pee Zed
I forgot, do we have to have a licence on us when driving? What if I left it at home by mistake?
By RSFN2GT
player zero wrote:I forgot, do we have to have a licence on us when driving? What if I left it at home by mistake?
No you don't have to have it on you.
By Liam Type-R
NyseriA wrote:
Acts of parliament pass through both houses and then gain royal assent and they are therefore as much "law" as any other "law" and if you don't consent to them, you leave the society that democratically voted them in.

So is that not a 'freeman'? Someone who gives up their contract to that society and all the costs, title and benefits from it?

They can still work, drive, buy things, they just need to remember they give up free hospital, education, sickness benefits, services from police, ambulance and so on?
By Just Dirk
NyseriA wrote:You can do it online now, if you've had a passport in the last few years :)
SRS? Cool!!

Ironically though in my current license picture i'm a skinhead packing 13st, my passport pic 3yrs ago is at peak weight due to injury of 16st and with hair :lol:

So i'm updating my picture from one that looks like me to one that doesn't flolatrons
By bondyboy
Just Dirk wrote:
NyseriA wrote:You can do it online now, if you've had a passport in the last few years :)
SRS? Cool!!

Ironically though in my current license picture i'm a skinhead packing 13st, my passport pic 3yrs ago is at peak weight due to injury of 16st and with hair :lol:

So i'm updating my picture from one that looks like me to one that doesn't flolatrons
you had hair? [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By NyseriA
Liam Type-R wrote:
NyseriA wrote:

So is that not a 'freeman'? Someone who gives up their contract to that society and all the costs, title and benefits from it?

They can still work, drive, buy things, they just need to remember they give up free hospital, education, sickness benefits, services from police, ambulance and so on?
No.

;)
By NyseriA
Inherent rights? As much a Human construct as law. Go and ask a wild tiger about your inherent right to life, a private life, etc :)

Basic premise is that you're born into a society governed by laws. You can vote to change them as a component of democracy, you can opt out by leaving the society but can't refuse to conform to the rule of law.

Fair? An argument unto itself that is philosophical in nature. Just make sure you have a driving licence and insurance while considering it though :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]