The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By GenuineSince89
Good evening sirs.

I was cruising along the m1 some 40 minutes ago in the third lane and had a black Zafira pull up quite fast and close behind me and flash their lights so I moved out their way. Once I had done so, the car stayed where it was behind me for about 10 seconds so I grew frustrated thinking 'what an ar5e' and pulled back in front (at a pace ).
After doing so the car 'takes chase' and is again up my backside but this time it flashes its blue lights so I instantly pull over to the left lane, the zafira hangs back and then overtakes and carries on.

My question is do you HAVE to be pulled over for an officer to serve you with a 'ticket' or can they pop it in the post?
By mjhamilton
I think it's against the law firm cops driving zafiras to issue tickets
By Omni
While they're pondering that question, maybe someone could answer this, can VOSA actually pull you over? Are you obliged to stop for them?

Not me but a VOSA galaxy came roaring up behind me on the M6 the other day, thought it was the five-o to begin with so pulled over to the middle lane, he passed me then cut infront across all 3 lanes (rather dangerously if I may say) and got infront of this lorry, then started advertising the amber lights.

Thought you only had to stop for the blues
By *nub*
I expect he wanted to pull you over but then he saw the type R badge and realised he was up against an ep3; one of the fastest point to point cars and he knew he was out of his league, even traffic cops are not trained for this and in reality he had no chance of catching you so he lost his nerve. i dont blame him tbh
By *nub*
I used to be a police officer and my head police boss man told me not to even think about stopped an ep3.. dont even go there he said...
By J@mes
He will have been on his way to something else. Probably pondered stopping you and decided to leave it.
By Omni
Interesting, didn't know that.

To be appointed as a stopping officer, a person must:[7]

be a suitable person to exercise the powers of a stopping officer,
Otherwise known as 'a f**king jobsworth c**t'
By mjhamilton
Omni wrote:Interesting, didn't know that.

To be appointed as a stopping officer, a person must:[7]

be a suitable person to exercise the powers of a stopping officer,
Otherwise known as 'a f**king jobsworth c**t'
Do VOSA cars have ambers flashing lights??

TBH i wouldn't be stopping for flashing amber lights.. seeing as these are not illegal for any car/van the opportunity for abuse is too great...

.. will stop for blues, I know they can also be abused but it is not quite so easy as blue lights are illegal on anything other than emergency services

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]