The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By Sedge
VOSA cars do have amber lights on the roof and a matrix board in the back which flashes messages to the driver. I've only ever seen one saying 'Follow Me' to a HGV.

I have only seen Ford Galaxy cars stickered up as VOSA.

I think I would stop leaving a space to 'get away' and not get out the car until I saw some decent ID. As you say, there is too much scope for abuse with amber lights.
Stevo07 wrote:14 days to send you a ticket I believe. But police driving a Zafira?
I saw an unmarked one in London last week. No idea if it was Police/Fire/Ambulance/Other. It was going fast with blues and twos.
By Omni
The one I saw did, I've seen a few recently, usually Ford Galaxy's buzzing round service areas like flys round sh-t. The one on the M6 definitely had amber lights when he pulled infront of this lorry, probably a major sting operation going on to apprehend dangerous criminals with front tints and too many carbon dioxides.

Tbh I would have stopped, because I'm a law abiding citizen and have nothing to hide, but wouldn't have been aware I was required to by law.

Thought they needed the rozzers with them to stop you
By m1ke
VOSA mainly stop HGV's they do roadside safety checks, foreign HGV's are their main target. Unless your car looks totally flip, I wouldn't expect to be pulled by VOSA.
By J@mes
They will pull for excessively noisy exhausts and stretched tyres or rubber poking out of the arch work id have thought.
By FireBIade2
OP I'm guessing they were tailing someone else and wanted to stay out of sight hence why they didn't overtake, you just happened to get in the way. They'll be after you next you are going daaaan!
By GenuineSince89
Going down town! I'm thinking/hoping you MAY be right. They took over me and then pulled back in front of me in the middle lane but didn't speed off, just gradually carried on...
By NyseriA
GenuineSince89 wrote:My question is do you HAVE to be pulled over for an officer to serve you with a 'ticket' or can they pop it in the post?
No, but you generally do. Wait a couple of weeks and you'll know for sure if the NIP and S.172 come through the post.

If it was a Zafira, it was unlikely to have calibrated speed equipment on board as they tend not to be traffic vehicles.
By NyseriA
Omni wrote:While they're pondering that question, maybe someone could answer this, can VOSA actually pull you over? Are you obliged to stop for them?
VOSA couldn't pull vehicles, which is why when they have a vehicle check stop, they have police there :)

However, after hastily reading the link provided above, yes, yes they can :lol:
By bondyboy
NyseriA wrote:
Omni wrote:While they're pondering that question, maybe someone could answer this, can VOSA actually pull you over? Are you obliged to stop for them?
VOSA couldn't pull vehicles, which is why when they have a vehicle check stop, they have police there :)

However, after hastily reading the link provided above, yes, yes they can :lol:
lol, learning your job from CTRO :salut:
By Stevo07
How are people supposed to know they need to stop for anyone other than the police and that not doing so could be breaking the law? :scratch:
By J@mes
Stevo07 wrote:How are people supposed to know they need to stop for anyone other than the police and that not doing so could be breaking the law? :scratch:
I doubt you'd do a stretch with winston for not stopping for VagOSA.
By Stevo07
bondyboy wrote:
Stevo07 wrote:How are people supposed to know they need to stop for anyone other than the police and that not doing so could be breaking the law? :scratch:
they should read CTRO then [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
:lol:
civictype-are wrote: I doubt you'd do a stretch with winston for not stopping for VagOSA.
Thanks for clearing that up.
By NyseriA
bondyboy wrote:lol, learning your job from CTRO :salut:
I am not VOSA! :lol:

Not worked with them for a few years now, way before that legislation came in and they always had to get us to stop things for them.

Steve, ignorance of the law is no excuse; in theory it's not just the police that need to know all the laws, it's every member of the public that need to follow them too.

Of course, nobody knows all the laws off the top of their head as there are quite a few :lol:
By bondyboy
NyseriA wrote:
bondyboy wrote:lol, learning your job from CTRO :salut:
I am not VOSA! :lol:

Not worked with them for a few years now, way before that legislation came in and they always had to get us to stop things for them.

Steve, ignorance of the law is no excuse; in theory it's not just the police that need to know all the laws, it's every member of the public that need to follow them too.

Of course, nobody knows all the laws off the top of their head as there are quite a few :lol:
Lol, I know you're not a vosa chap don't worry

Yeah it'd be good if the proles knew all the laws, be able to keep the police honest then [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]