The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
Just had a horrible contract finish and the upshot is, it’s left me nearly a grand out of pocket.

The basics:

-Bought in to do a task.
-Corrected other’s errors as I went (so they’ve come out gleaming – including an incompetent director who was 20% out on his measures!!).
-Worked 72 hours one week and only paid the day rate; fine but 20 hours extra over were to be paid.
-Couldn’t get there due to snow (rural area and BMW = no chance!) so they’re now disputing I was working during this time. The office was also 1.5 hours away.
-EE have turned off the mast supplying my address so no signal on either company issued or personal phone; from what I can gather they’re insinuating I was in bed! Just moved as well, no phone. I was answering emails.
-Got rogered for someone else’s work being pretty crap; he missed a lot of things which I rectified there and then at the expense of my own work.
-Say they’ve found a load of errors in my work (although odd none were found in the checks while I was there!!!) and had to employ other people to check and correct. There were a couple of errors; resulting from erroneous documents.
-Left mid-week after a bust up (left them to finish me, not stupid enough to walk out!) and wouldn’t sign sheet.

So, properly knocked my confidence and now they won’t pay when I worked my balldocks off for them.

All allegations I’ll add, are a load of wotsit; I worked bloody hard and as far as I’m concerned the errors they speak of weren’t there. They over ran on an impossible programme and therefore are trying to claw some money back.

Any advice, help or suggestions? Have I a leg to stand on in getting paid and expenses?
-Catalogue corrections you made over the last incompetent
-State you didn't attend site due to insufficent measures taken to safely access it
-If they found loads of errors, then ask them to provide proof of these
-Note you issue with contacting them also.
Need to do some racking of my brains then. There were numerous and I just did it, not expecting to be shafted.

It was an office; albeit 1.5 hours away from my house and to get to the motorway involved about 6 miles of ungritted and ultimately, snow covered, icey roads.

Asked for proof. Problem is, all work was saved on dropbox which they kicked me off. Haven't bonefide copies of any of it.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]