The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By R'ash
Anyone been succesfull claiming for a damaged wheel? I sent an open shut case in my eyes to council. Fucked wheel pics said hole and date 5 jan but its ok apparentley as the said area was last checked oct 28th 2012! Well thats ok then
By Stevo07
I cracked an alloy on one a couple years ago. :bad-words:
By Just Dirk
I claimed years ago but it was because of a pot hole on the hard shoulder during roadworks, we were directed onto the shoulder and I almost punched the front strut through the bonnet :)
By R'ash

Repair quote was £125 to be fair its not going to put me homeless its the fact that i just stuck a nice new tax disc in, oh and pay that council tax and the fuck off tablet for mentioning it to them... :bad-words: cunts
By R'ash
To anna_*******@*****.com
Dear Anna *******/Graeme ******,

Could you please send me the said documents regarding the inspection of this section of road for october 2012. Also on what date was the next inspection due? Any complaints made or when the council were first made aware of this pothole please. Freedom of infomation should allow me to see this.

Regards

Ash *****

> Subject: ********* MBC
> To: *********@live.co.uk
> From: Anna_*******@*****.com
> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:00:30 +0000
>
>
> Sent on behalf of Graeme ******
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> We write in connection with the above.
>
> Having checked our client’s records we note that they have in place a
> system of routine highway inspections. When the area was last inspected on
> the 30 October 2012, the defect with which we are concerned was not
> apparent. We do not consider our client to be in breach of their statutory
> obligations. In support of this we attach relevant documents pertaining to
> the Highways inspections.
>
> Section 58 of the act deals with our client’s obligations to carry out
> inspections of the highway taking into account various considerations such
> as frequency of use, character and location. If our clients can demonstrate
> that they do operate a valid and reasonable inspection system, and that
> when a location was last inspected a defect was not present then they will
> be able to put forward a defence to a claim of this nature.
>
> Accordingly we are satisfied that our clients have not acted negligently
> nor are they in breach of the statutory obligations and whilst we
> sympathise, we regret we are unable to offer any compensation.
>
> Yours Faithfully,
>
> Anna *******
> ********* ******* International Limited [*****]
> Direct Dial Telephone: +44 (0) 11 **** ****
> Fax: +44 (0) 11 **** ****
>
> Information provided to us may be passed to others for the purposes of
> protection and prevention of fraud. This includes, but is not limited to
> the claims and underwriting exchange (C.U.E.) run by Assurance Database
> Services Limited (A.D.S.L.) and the Motor Insurers Anti-Fraud Register run
> by the A.B.I. In dealing with a claim, we may search these and other
> Registers.
>
>
>
> (See attached file: 201301311618.pdf)
Last edited by Sedge on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Names, email addresses and contact details removed.
By R'ash
^ so am i fucked ?? could do with some intelligent replies :lol: my polite attempts at the top in reply to the fuck off tablet below it wont get me anywhere i feel :-x so....
By eatthis
dutch wrote:The wife hit a cracker last saturday, thought the wheel came off, took them 3 days to cone it off, retards :bad-words:
mustve been a big fckin cracker :shocked!:
By dutch
eatthis wrote:
dutch wrote:The wife hit a cracker last saturday, thought the wheel came off, took them 3 days to cone it off, retards :bad-words:

Jacobs cream [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By yella
Not being funny, but you should have spotted the can a mile off, it's bright red
By eatthis
dutch wrote:
eatthis wrote:

Jacobs cream [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

omnomnom
By R'ash
yella wrote:Not being funny, but you should have spotted the can a mile off, it's bright red
:lol:
By R'ash
Of coarse they do but there is a point when they become ridiculous. Hitting a pothole from avoiding another in my case on a busy 40mph road. Why should it hit my pocket?
By R'ash
R'ash wrote:Cunting bitches

Think I need to stop posting when drunk :lol:
By Shappers
Unless someone else has reported the pot hole since October last year, then it's not the councils fault.

They complete routine inspections, but they can't know every piece of road.

Don't forget that money for inspections etc are under the same pressure as everything else the councils have to pay for. An no, it doesn't come from your road tax, it comes from your council tax.
By SuperFLY
this is why its always a good idea to post up any pot holes you see on http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

i do this quite a lot and they either get fixed or at least you have comeback if there is any damage as the complaint has been made.

i sent in about 6 complaints about one section of road, completely broken up, gravel everywhere, holes etc.. they patched it a couple of times, still complained.. eventually they re tarmac'd the whole road. its now the best condition road in the village :D

they do get passed onto the proper authority on this site; always worth registering as many as you find. as said, it'll a) either spur them to fix them, or b) cover anyone else who ends up with their car/bike damaged because of it.

once they're informed of it, they're responsible.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]