The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By Just Dirk
smartie wrote:
SuperFLY wrote:this is why its always a good idea to post up any pot holes you see on http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/
I could spend days reporting potholes on there. :sad:
Just downloaded the iPhone app!!! I love complaining, this app has potential to keep me well happy :WOOT
By R'ash
Credit where due I guess as it was filled within a few days. My rage level has dropped slightly now as I can take comfort from the fact I may have saved a few other poor wheels from getting hurt :smile:
By aleung2
Same as a personal injury claim against highway trippers. What kind of road is it? Are there any local amenities, schools, old people's homes, gp etc? Challenge their system by asking how its performed. A drive by inspection is not as good as a walked inspection with trained inspector.

Best argument is that there's no way that defect can appear within a few months so it must have been missed during their last inspection.

Also, make sure you see the actual inspection record. Check if someone has reported it on that website mentioned above. If so then they're lying about not knowing about it.

Also, which council is it?
By Shappers
aleung2 wrote: Best argument is that there's no way that defect can appear within a few months so it must have been missed during their last inspection.
You'll be surprised how quickly the pavement can deterioate. Especially if theres lots of heavies regularly using it.
By R'ash
aleung2 wrote:Same as a personal injury claim against highway trippers. What kind of road is it? Are there any local amenities, schools, old people's homes, gp etc? Challenge their system by asking how its performed. A drive by inspection is not as good as a walked inspection with trained inspector.

Best argument is that there's no way that defect can appear within a few months so it must have been missed during their last inspection.

Also, make sure you see the actual inspection record. Check if someone has reported it on that website mentioned above. If so then they're lying about not knowing about it.

Also, which council is it?

Cheers, I've asked to see reports of checks they did but i'm not holding my breath as they were supposedly done and met requirements, unless they're lying of course.
The council is Rotherham MBC.
Shappers wrote: You'll be surprised how quickly the pavement can deterioate. Especially if theres lots of heavies regularly using it.
I think this would have been the cause of it, alot of HGVs turn out of the side road opposite
By Shappers
Freedom of information request is the easiest and quickest way to go about it.

They HAVE to respond within a tight timescale... used to hate it when FOI requests came in against me haha.
By Arran
I got shafted for a new tyre, IRO £240 :bad-words:
By Just Dirk
NyseriA wrote::shock:

£240 for one tyre?

19"?
They charge 50% premium for imaginary girlfriends :salut:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]