The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
Basically, I saw an For Sale ad

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 4&t=266487

The product was a set of Rota Torques in Gold. £400 with tyres. Collected in Watford.

He advertised them as "Alloys are in good condition and small small scuffs are repaired and painted. As to the tyres, they're almost like new."

I collected these and paid in cash last Wednesday and put them on on Saturday... Drove fine as I was only in town.. Then Monday when I onto the dual carriage doing 60+ I felt it was vibrating alot so yesterday I took it to Elite Direct for balancing.

Got told that all four wheels were buckled. Now I contacted the guy and told him about it and he says he never had any problems and said that I should take it another place for a second opinion, and then get back to him. Done that and was told the same thing. Tried calling him back but no answer. He texted me around 7:30pm saying that he just finished work and he will give me a call later. I was out at the time and got home late so I never called him until this morning. Still no answer.

What should I do?
that's such a shame.

if the seller is a reasonable person he'll refund you, he may not have known but if you've had it confirmed they're knackered then it is the reasonable thing to do.

a really bummer as both of you will end up losing out.

can they be straightened somehow? (i know bugger all on this matter)

if so perhaps he could contribute to the cost of that?
mikey_t8 wrote:i really do hope that we can come to some sort of arrangement.. i phoned up a few wheel refurbs place.. there's one in north london that quoted me £55+VAT per wheel.. :(
not a nice situation to be in, but at least if you pay to get the wheels refurbed and at least you will have a nice mint set?
11110111 wrote:
mikey_t8 wrote:i really do hope that we can come to some sort of arrangement.. i phoned up a few wheel refurbs place.. there's one in north london that quoted me £55+VAT per wheel.. :(
not a nice situation to be in, but at least if you pay to get the wheels refurbed and at least you will have a nice mint set?
not actually sure tbh... they said that price is to repair it from being buckled but didn't mention about it being fully refurbed..
called the guy up again this morning and finally got through to him... apparently he was at work, hence missed all my calls yesterday.

he has agreed to give me my money back... wanted to take them down to him today but he's only in on weekdays evenings so i now got to wait till monday and see what happens...
mikey_t8 wrote:called the guy up again this morning and finally got through to him... apparently he was at work, hence missed all my calls yesterday.

he has agreed to give me my money back... wanted to take them down to him today but he's only in on weekdays evenings so i now got to wait till monday and see what happens...
At least he's been accommodating? A lot would have ignored you :(
yella wrote:
mikey_t8 wrote:went to his house tonight and got my money back..
don't forget to leave feedback as thats a good seller refunding like that without major hassles.
where do i leave the feedback?

he actually nagged abit before he gave me the money back.. he had negative camber on his rear and tried saying that i worn the tyre out.. honestly.. i had them on the car for less than a week and done less than 200 miles with them.. how could i have worn them out so quickly... such a douche..
mikey_t8 wrote:
yella wrote:
mikey_t8 wrote:went to his house tonight and got my money back..
don't forget to leave feedback as thats a good seller refunding like that without major hassles.
where do i leave the feedback?

he actually nagged abit before he gave me the money back.. he had negative camber on his rear and tried saying that i worn the tyre out.. honestly.. i had them on the car for less than a week and done less than 200 miles with them.. how could i have worn them out so quickly... such a douche..
He's probably reading this and thinking the same.

You got your money back, case closed.
RSFN2GT wrote: You got your money back, case closed.
indeed, what more do you want?

whilst it would be a harsh thing to do he could have said 'tough luck.. bye bye' but no, he's refunded you and now has some buckled alloys he needs to spend money sorting before he can sell again. he's been very reasonable, no reason to be called a douche.

feedback is at the top of the screen. click the link that says 'feedback' (cryptic i know)
i recon a good seller tbh, as i think if he known hed of blanked you and kept the money

end of the day they are sold as seen so he didnt have to refund you anything

Id leave feedback as it could have been a genuine mistake
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]