The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By 2413martinb
Right last night I got caught overtaking in the 40 where it was seen as "driving without care an attention"
I got pulled over an just held my hands up an admitted to it. Nothing else I could of done with two coppers in the car an them seen everything.
Only thing is i could potentially be looking at 6 points...and iVe been driving for less than 2 years. So that's goodbye to my licence.
But I need my licence for work as I work for scotish water.
I've heard of people pleading guilty but saying they need their licence for work. So taking points an a hefty fine. But I have no idea how to go about it.
Ive to wait to get a letter through from fiscal but that could just state what I'm to be charged an could be too late.
Wondering if anyone on here has been in my situation an could give me some advice?
By 2413martinb
Don't solicitors cos a fortune? Copper said best thing to do was just to plead guilty an say I need my car for work and everything so might just get 3 points. That case won't need solicitor. Might be worth phoning them to find out though. Guessin can't until Monday now though?
By Liam Type-R
Initial phone call free, i read? :scratch: Just phone and ask. Or just do what the copper said as that seems to be what you're going to do anyway, you just wanted some one to say the nice policeman was right, you will be fine just say you're sorry and wont do it again. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Mark83
2413martinb wrote:
Mark83 wrote:Speak to Andrew. Initial phone call is free.

http://www.leeds-solicitors.com/

Have had experience with them? They good?
No personal experience luckily but I've know him for about 5 years. He has also helped some friends out. He's a motoring lawyer so a free phone call can't hurt.
By 2413martinb
I just don't know when I'm supposed to write a letter to them or anything ha.
Pritty fuked. Jst built my type r. New engine wheels all the things that could go wrong replaced. An now won't be able to insure it =\
By danneth
Just so you are aware, the whole i need my license for my job... doesn't work now, the judges i have read about will just say even more reason not to drive like a tool.

Gl though
By Mark83
I'm not sure why I bothered giving you the contact details of a motoring lawyer when you have "people" to listen to instead. Good luck.
By Just Dirk
Not being funny but If you got pulled for careless driving, and admitted careless driving, then fück you.. You deserve the punishment.. Kids like you that have been driving two minutes and like idiots are the reason insurance is so high.. Just be happy you didn't have an accident and kill some innocents.
By 2413martinb
Mark83 wrote:I'm not sure why I bothered giving you the contact details of a motoring lawyer when you have "people" to listen to instead. Good luck.
I intended to phone, just I had obv spoken to more people that on here. Just shared their opinion to see what yous thought. But I can't phone there till Monday. And the person that told me had actually just gone through a court case an told me how it worked. An did give me alot better info. Basically I can't do anything justnow until letter comes through form te fiscal
By 2413martinb
Just Dirk wrote:Not being funny but If you got pulled for careless driving, and admitted careless driving, then fück you.. You deserve the punishment.. Kids like you that have been driving two minutes and like idiots are the reason insurance is so high.. Just be happy you didn't have an accident and kill some innocents.
I do about 60,000+ miles a year between work, my Own cars. Garage cars ect. I wouldn't call myself an experienced driver but I doubt I'm Someone who's been driving for "2 mins". I've never done anything to make everyone's insurance high bar my own. I don't normally drive like this hence how I have a clean licence an can insure a type r.
By Liam Type-R
2413martinb wrote:
Just Dirk wrote:Not being funny but If you got pulled for careless driving, and admitted careless driving, then fück you.. You deserve the punishment.. Kids like you that have been driving two minutes and like idiots are the reason insurance is so high.. Just be happy you didn't have an accident and kill some innocents.
I do about 60,000+ miles a year between work, my Own cars. Garage cars ect. I wouldn't call myself an experienced driver but I doubt I'm Someone who's been driving for "2 mins". I've never done anything to make everyone's insurance high bar my own. I don't normally drive like this hence how I have a clean licence an can insure a type r.
What did you do to get your insurance high?
By mjhamilton
Same question as above.. If you do something to make your insurance high then you will have the knock on effect of increasing everyone elses
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]