The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By mjhamilton
2413martinb wrote:Well I'll be looking at points for this. Me getting points doesn't put everyone elses insure up?
It will indirectly add to the statistic that all people in your demographic drive like loons so of course it will

... How do you think this stuff works
By bondyboy
mjhamilton wrote:
2413martinb wrote:Well I'll be looking at points for this. Me getting points doesn't put everyone elses insure up?
It will indirectly add to the statistic that all people in your demographic drive like loons so of course it will

... How do you think this stuff works
once again you avatar is very apt
By Just Dirk
2413martinb wrote:
Just Dirk wrote:Not being funny but If you got pulled for careless driving, and admitted careless driving, then fück you.. You deserve the punishment.. Kids like you that have been driving two minutes and like idiots are the reason insurance is so high.. Just be happy you didn't have an accident and kill some innocents.
I do about 60,000+ miles a year between work, my Own cars. Garage cars ect. I wouldn't call myself an experienced driver but I doubt I'm Someone who's been driving for "2 mins". I've never done anything to make everyone's insurance high bar my own. I don't normally drive like this hence how I have a clean licence an can insure a type r.
Typical child driver attitude, thinks he knows it all... You'll learn son, enjoy the insurance hike once you get done :thumbup:
By Just Dirk
bondyboy wrote:
2413martinb wrote:Thats what happens if you leave this signed on, on your girlfriends laptop =\
what are you trying to imply here? that your gf was posting in your name?
This is better than calling tarp flol
By *nub*
all you did was overtake in a 40? sounds Flipping harsh lol i got pulled doing over 50 in a 30 and he didnt do anything. wasnt a traffic cop though
By 2413martinb
Yeah the car in front was doing 20/30..I swear on my life. I just got pissed off and went round it. Typical going round it police car went round the corner behind me.
They said cause I overtook it approached a corner but it was a corner turning to the right that you could see all the way round.
By NyseriA
2413martinb wrote:Don't solicitors cos a fortune? Copper said best thing to do was just to plead guilty an say I need my car for work and everything so might just get 3 points. That case won't need solicitor. Might be worth phoning them to find out though. Guessin can't until Monday now though?
I bet he said that...

How fast were you going when you overtook? Why was it without due care and attention? If you WERE driving without due care and attention then feel free to plead guilty as it usually results in a reduction in sentence, but if you weren't why accept any sentence?

I'd always speak to a solicitor if it involved impacting my work.
By 2413martinb
Realised never replied to this. I really doubt I was doing over 40mph or if I was if wasn't by much. And it was traffic police.
I got letter through from fiscal few months after and they said if I went on a special driving course they would drop the charge before even going to court. Which, although cost £200 and had to travel 200 mile round trip, was prolly still cheaper than even one day in court with solicitor.

And driving course was actually pretty decent. Lesson learned :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]