The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By abz123
Last edited by abz123 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Omni
Police say it was red, you and your mate say it was amber, not sure which way that will go in court :think:

Still nothing to lose, since 3 points are already heading your way if you don't appeal.
By J@mes
But f u c king hell does anyone actually drive to the book all the time? Take it to court dude may as well cos it'll give the c unit that gave you the ticket something to do and it'll probably annoy him :lol:
By J
civictype-are wrote:But f u c king hell does anyone actually drive to the book all the time? Take it to court dude may as well cos it'll give the c unit that gave you the ticket something to do and it'll probably annoy him :lol:
:roll:
By J@mes
I'm only sticking up for the lad when everyone else has jumped on his case. Police are only human and make mistakes too. It's quite clear he went through amber or he wouldn't be making this case. Therefore take it to court ok? :bigthumb:
By abz123
looked online and apparantly theres a red light awarness course. even if i had to go to that wouldnt be as bad as getting points. even though i didnt go on red.

they wont believe me in court they will obviously take police's side
By J@mes
But like I said if it doesn't cost you anymore then do it anyway. You never know the copper might not show up anyway, it's blatant he's a tosser others on here seem to think he can't possibly have been wrong because he's a police officer :lol:
By smartie
"If the amber light is illuminated, a vehicle must stop, unless it has already passed the white stop line or the vehicle is so close to the stop line, that coming to a halt might cause an accident. "

Also

"I went through on amber. There was a Police Officer who stopped me and has alleged I went through on red, so it is my word against his. Can I fight the allegation?"
You can dispute the allegation, but the mere fact that the lights were not red, does not provide you with a defence. If you crossed on amber, you have still committed the offence, unless you can show that it was unsafe to stop. If the Police Officer can convince the Court that there was no reason why you should not have been able to stop on amber, you could be convicted. The fact that it is his word against yours does not prevent a prosecution, although clearly, the outcome will depend heavily on each party's version of events/credibility.
By J@mes
But if you go through on amber it's usually the case that it'd be more of a hazard to slam the brakes on. Seriously just take him to court you may as well for what it's worth, it's quite likely he may not show for this either as he genuinely (on his side now) may have higher priorities at the time.
By abz123
it was a female officer lol. she didnt seem botherd if i was going to court or not she said if i decided to go to court she would write a statement. she was a b1tch i felt like slappin her up
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]