The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By uknowiama
Tricky one imo, as someone has quoted there seems to be times when it might be acceptable to still go through on Amber. Could you see the traffic lights all the time - leading up to them changing?

For instance if you had a bus or lorry in front that was obscuring your view, until you were on them and found the light to be amber, thus thought it was safer to continue than brake hard.

Or was it a case of the lights being sighted at all times, you saw the lights changing so tried to cross them before turning red? Did you speed up to make the lights? In all honesty were you travelling above the speed limit? And this meant you couldn't stop?

Been a couple of times when I have stopped, when probably could of got through. Been a couple of times when I went through and I thought it was safer to do so.

Perhaps (if you are going to contest) then go back to the same set of lights and time them. How long they are green, then amber, then red. Was the time on amber long enough? (don't assume the lights are functioning correctly - find out what they should be set to and compare?) - If a speed gun was not reading accurately, and it was a speeding case could it still be used in court? If the lights change to quickly, then they don't give the driver a chance to stop?
By yella
civictype-are wrote:But f u c king hell does anyone actually drive to the book all the time? Take it to court dude may as well cos it'll give the c unit that gave you the ticket something to do and it'll probably annoy him :lol:
I do when old bill are next to me.

I think you should go to court and tell them the score, then come back on here after crywanking about the judge giving you 6 points and a £250 fine instead
By NyseriA
civictype-are wrote:But like I said if it doesn't cost you anymore then do it anyway. You never know the copper might not show up anyway, it's blatant he's a tosser others on here seem to think he can't possibly have been wrong because he's a police officer :lol:
And you seem to think that because she is police officer she must be wrong and is a tosser. :lol:

OP, you're aware that amber means stop too? You're also aware that if you drive through an amber if it's safe to stop, then that's an offence?

Just checking :)

FWIW, I'd have no problems going to court with a ticket (not that I give many out) because it's funny watching amateurs represent themselves as legal eagles and completely make a balls up of it. Actual traffic solicitors would advise you to plead guilty for any of my tickets :)
By Omni
NyseriA wrote: You're also aware that if you drive through an amber if it's safe to stop, then that's an offence?

Tbh I wasn't aware of that :lol: might have to reconsider the amber light policy.

On a slightly related note, why do traffic lights with cameras on ALWAYS turn to amber as I'm right on top of them, forcing me to do the accelerator/brake pedal tap dance before usually deciding to GO and then immediately think DOH should have stopped...
By J@mes
NyseriA wrote:
civictype-are wrote:But like I said if it doesn't cost you anymore then do it anyway. You never know the copper might not show up anyway, it's blatant he's a tosser others on here seem to think he can't possibly have been wrong because he's a police officer :lol:
And you seem to think that because she is police officer she must be wrong and is a tosser. :lol:

OP, you're aware that amber means stop too? You're also aware that if you drive through an amber if it's safe to stop, then that's an offence?

FWIW, I'd have no problems going to court with a ticket (not that I give many out) because it's funny watching amateurs represent themselves as legal eagles and completely make a balls up of it. Actual traffic solicitors would advise you to plead guilty for any of my tickets :)
No, your just being flippant because your a police officer. The attitude obviously comes with the job :thumbup:
I never knew amber meant stop :oops:

I thought it was a kind of optional thing, like it was just telling you the red light is going come on, so you better stop, or hit the accelerator and get through before the big bad red comes on :thumbup:
By NyseriA
Omni wrote:On a slightly related note, why do traffic lights with cameras on ALWAYS turn to amber as I'm right on top of them, forcing me to do the accelerator/brake pedal tap dance before usually deciding to GO and then immediately think DOH should have stopped...
It's the bloke in control room Flipping wit ya ;)

Usually, red light cameras don't activate until red and a bit. If you get caught by one of those, you've REALLY flip up the red light :lol:

Put it this way, the ones I know 100% work don't always activate when I go through on a blue light run when it's on red :???:
By NyseriA
civictype-are wrote:No, your just being flippant because your a police officer. The attitude obviously comes with the job :thumbup:
It's a trigger attitude that occurs in most people when dealing with repeat morons :lol:

Srs though, amber means stop if safe to do so :)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 070561.pdf

In case anyone requires a refresh :bigthumb:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]