The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By mike58
Long story short purchased a set of "eibach pro kit springs" off gumtree for my civic

When I received them I wasn't sure about them as I couldn't see an eibach logo but they were used so maybe it had worn off....

Quickly realised they did not lower the car, ripped them off and then noticed on the side of my eibach box it said "ABP" so they should have been red in colour anyway whatever came in the original box so I now knew I had been scammed.

Purchased with paypal so I lodge a dispute, dispute is closed in sellers favor despite the fact he missold me a completely different item because of the fact "item was not in original condition.." due to it being fitted for 1 hour...

Don't really care about the money just want this guy not to get away with buggering me over, what is my next port of call?

Thanks for your time
By danwel
In all honesty probably nothing you can do as usually second hand gear is "sold as seen" and they use this to ge out of things.

Maybe someone has an idea but i reckon there isn't a lot more you can do
By yella
strange, i was sold a teg m on here and seller failed to include a heatshield. I submitted cracking evidence and requested a refund of £25 to cover cost of new heatshield, however paypal found in my favour and actually refunded the whole £300 and paid me £25 to cover cost of returning item, hell it took nearly 2 months but i won.

So i am surprised that you did not get found in your favour. Did you lodge a full complaint that item was missold, and also the reason for fitment was to check drop. Without fitting you may not have known etc etc. worth a try.

maybe the best idea would have been to check before fitting in hindsight, think apart from visiting sellers address you may have to lump ths one, hope it was not for too much cash.
if the sellers close enough id send the springs through his front window. hate stuff like this i got had with a playstation2 when they first came out years ago. why cant people just be honest instead of trying scam money at every oppurtunity?? :bad-words:
By mike58
thanks for all the replies!

I was only aware of ABP selling their red custom ones, ofcourse I am sure they sell the actual eibach ones too but in this case my car actually went higher than lower!

Yep I phoned paypal and they told me that due to it being fitted it is no longer as it was received so they just automatically closed the dispute... looks like not an ounce of thought is actually put into their "expert dispute resolution centre"

The guy lives on the other side of the UK to me so short of ordering him a few pizzas there isnt much I can do!
By mike58
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Get some pics up of the springs; see if anyone can identify them.

Also, may be silly but did you let the car 'settle' once you'd fitted them?
I believe they are ep3 stock springs, as they were slightly different to my ep2 springs.

After realising I got scammed we bought brand new prokits and fitted them, car immediately dropped.

Springs are definitely not eibachs!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]