The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By kenb16a
Hello peeps,

So i was involved in an accident in a carpark today

Just looking for some information and advice here, and to be prepared for the worse.

Not sure if it was my fault or the TP or both

Ive made up a little diagram (my paint skills are poor) hopefully should be able to make it out,

I am car B, ive revered out the parking bay, and a Taxi driver (A) drives into the car park, pretty fast, i see him slam my brakes and bang,

Ive damaged the back of my bumper and scraped his door bit of the wing is damaged too..

Im thinking he must have saw my car moving as he just came into the car part and should have stopped but instead carried on moving. Pretty sure i applied my brakes in time.

He was supposedly on the radio too i was told by people in the car park.

I am insured Fully Comp, damage to my car is probably £150-£200

my Excess is £250,

Im going to notify insurance tomorrow, but its not even worth me making a claim, and hes defiantly going to make a claim.

what have i got coming??

thanks
By jamification
i think in this sort of situation its your word against his, if you took note of witnesses that would strengthen your argument, otherwise a 50/50 situation looks likely because he can't prove it was your fault and you wont be able to prove it was his fault.
By karl
this will go down as a 50/50, you're better of paying your own damage and avoiding the insurance route.
By Just Dirk
If its going to end up one word against the other and your excess is more than the damage I'd just pay to repair it yourself.. if you have witnesses however go for gold, whiplash, loss of earnings, stress for you and the 4 people in your car.. hate taxi drivers me..
By richd7
Sadly, your insurance company will want to go 50/50 as despite the fact the money you pay them does include legal cover, they hardly ever want to fork out for it, hence the easy 50/50 option which bags them a few extra hundred into the bargain (win win again for them as always). I had an accident where someone reversed into me - I had witnesses and even footage from security camera but my insurance company still wanted to go 50/50. Considering how much insurance, it would be nice if they actually gave you the services they advertise, but it's all about money, not customer satisfaction. Good luck.
By eurorob
from experiance through work we tend to find that if its your car that has hit his door or side then its your fault as its impossible for him to drift his door into your bumper so your prob looking at having to pay the guy from your insurance, your best bet is to argue the case that he was speeding and hope that they settle 50/50 but i would expect the insurance to find in the favour of the taxi driver
By bornlucky1
Taxi drivers are the worst for being involved in accidents and will always go down the insurance route if they can, we used to do a lot of taxi stuff in the garage and the stuff they used to ask you to do and then 'add on' to the insurance bill was crazy, same goes for potholed tyres, that were never potholed - merely stabbed with a knife prior to claiming the council for a tyre, they can also claim loss of earnings for every day their car is in getting fixed with an insurance accident, paid holidays ftw.
By Omni
What happens if it goes 50/50 regarding excess, still have to pay it?

Someone I know was involved in an accident on Monday, someone ran I to the back of her, she text me after it happened, "oh the car was a bit damaged but I'm fine blah blah getting a hire car dropped off" yesterday, neck brace on, shoulder pain, compo claim, standard :roll:
By eurorob
sadly its because of people like that and peoples stupid claims that make insurance so expencive for people.
weve also had loads of experiance with taxi drivers and they do tend to be a pain wanting stuff done asap, i do supose its easy to see why as it is there lively hood.
as for if it were to go 50/50, some insurance companys are different and may or may not ask for your excess to be paid, if you also have voluntery excess and dont use there bodyshop then you may have to pay this also, "IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO TAKE YOUR CAR TO WHICH EVER BODYSHOP YOU WISH" however many insurance company have a clause in the small print that will mean you have to pay extra to do so, but beware of insurance companys own shops as the work tends to be of poor quality, trust me i know,ive had to rectify many a crap job
By bornlucky1
eurorob wrote:sadly its because of people like that and peoples stupid claims that make insurance so expencive for people.
weve also had loads of experiance with taxi drivers and they do tend to be a pain wanting stuff done asap, i do supose its easy to see why as it is there lively hood.
as for if it were to go 50/50, some insurance companys are different and may or may not ask for your excess to be paid, if you also have voluntery excess and dont use there bodyshop then you may have to pay this also, "IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO TAKE YOUR CAR TO WHICH EVER BODYSHOP YOU WISH" however many insurance company have a clause in the small print that will mean you have to pay extra to do so, but beware of insurance companys own shops as the work tends to be of poor quality, trust me i know,ive had to rectify many a crap job
this, my car was back three times at fylde coachworks last year after some bint reversed into it, in the end i told the insurer i wanted someone to come see it before they agreed to have my normal place rectify their shortcomings. :bad-words:
By eurorob
yea just dont sign the satisfaction note until your totaly happy with the car. last year we had to rectify a new polo sport for a guy, it had only been in for a small repair on the rear quarter and when he got it back the full side had been painted (very badly) both wheels on the same side had been painted and the whole of the inside of the car was covered in overspray. the reconed they had, had to strip the door totaly,glass out the works to do there repair correctly?????????? what to repair a rear quarter?????? the guy ended up sueing the shop that had done the work and got compensation and paid out for us to rectify it. some shops are unbelieveable.

Good luck with it all and hopefuly you'll get a good result [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]