The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By andy-l-type-r
Just got a parking ticket after popping to the shop for around 10 minutes. Yes i did park on a double yellow lines, i hold my hands up for being a nob lol but the guy has put my grey fiesta down as black? They are blatently different colours and i certainly wouldnt mix them up, the grey is similar to the cosmic grey CTR but a little darker. Does that make my ticket invalid or maybe give me a appeal case??

anyone been in similar situation before?
By yella
nope, grey is a shade of black, had he pput red then maybe,

however his picture of your car will identify.

pay up there is nothing to argue here :shifty:
By andy-l-type-r
yella wrote:nope, grey is a shade of black, had he pput red then maybe,

however his picture of your car will identify.

pay up there is nothing to argue here :shifty:
was what i thought to be fair but i did see on a few forums with people who say if its wrong colour its invalid. suppose i may have to bite the bullet.

cheers. :roll:
By Omni
This has been tried on so many times with things like speeding tickets etc "oh they have spelt my surname with two t's instead of one can I dodge the ticket" and the answer is no. If there is a serious glaring mistake like the wrong date or reg number you might be able to appeal, minor details get your dosh out.

Parking ticket is a civil matter anyway though, just tell them to stick it up their arse, unlikely they'll pursue you in court.
By yella
Omni wrote:
Parking ticket is a civil matter anyway though, just tell them to stick it up their arse, unlikely they'll pursue you in court.

they will and do,
Parking disputes accounted for around 50% of all funds chased by Bailiffes in 2011.
By Sedge
As Yella has said, you won't wriggle out of that ticket. They can make a small mistake and it won't invalidate it.

You are best to pay up as soon as possible as there is likely a reduced fine if paid quickly (in Sheffield it's half price if paid in 14 days).
Omni wrote:Parking ticket is a civil matter anyway though, just tell them to stick it up their arse, unlikely they'll pursue you in court.
Depends if it's issued by the Police/Local Authority or a private parking company.
If private they can FOAD. A local authority ticket will be taken all the way and the fine will mount up to a huge amount.
By yella
Omni wrote:Bailiffs lol, tell them to flip off straight away

yeah because that works,

saw your video on youtube

and then they came back....lol

Last edited by yella on Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Omni
Bailiffs can't do sh-t, just don't let them in, even if they do 'gain access' they're not allowed to take anything required for a reasonable standard of living, anything that belongs to children or that's for the childrens benefit, anything you don't own or anything related to your job...so that's pretty much everything covered.
By DannyEP3
I had a parking ticket back in 09, the parking attendant put 90 by mistake, I made a phone call to his company and they told me to destroy it, it was now invalid. :WOOT Obviously I didn't just incase they did try chasing it up, but they never did.

Unfortunately though Andy, I don't think you'll get away with this one, sorry mate.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]