The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By Weezy_1
hey there,

i had an Accident last week, which a vehicle came into my lane hitting my rear quater panel and scraping abit of my door. i have about 5-6 witnesses and all claiming its his fault also the police officer at the scene said yeah it looks like its his fault.

i was in the left lane going around a bend, there was two lanes, the third party came into my lane and hit me. (he was in the right lane)
it was approaching a roundabout and the third party wanted to take the first exit but he was in the wrong lane.

he did not stop, then i had to race to stop him, which he stopped on a round about. when he got out, he said" i didnt see you in my mirror. "

i called the police as he failed to give me his details.. when the police came he then gave his details.
After that a day or two later he actually came into my work to ask for my details, as he had lost them, he came in two times as i was not in, first time he started getting aggressive and the second time he came i told him to F***k off as this was unacceptable coming into my work again and swaring to me and my colleagues for the second time in a row.

he wanted my registration number and my insurance details Again!! we exchanged the details at the time of the accident when the police arrived.

thing is what i want to know, at the time of the accident if i didnt have my work uniform on, how could he get hold of my details again if he didnt know where i worked. we exchanged details infront of the police officer but i take it he has lost my details. should i give him my details again? or shall i tell him to get it off my insurance company.? he also stated that his insurance company stated that there was no point reporting an accident if he did not have any details of the other party??? is this true

any help will be appreciated
By Cat
If you have his details then your insurance company will contact his anyway.
Plus if the police were involved there should be some sort of accident record I'd imagine.

Could give him your details again to get him off your back I suppose.
By civictyper45
Cat wrote:If you have his details then your insurance company will contact his anyway.
Plus if the police were involved there should be some sort of accident record I'd imagine.

Could give him your details again to get him off your back I suppose.
this.. :salut:

let the insurance company deal with it,its what you pay premiums for they will figure out for them selves who is at fault. :thumbup:
By Weezy_1
yes the police gave me a "cad" number.

only thing im concerned about is his attitude when he came to my work and secondly. when we exchanged details. if he had lost them then if he didnt know where i worked, then what would he have done?

also him stating that his insurance company saying that " no point reporting an accident if you dont have any details about the other party" i want to know is that would an insurance company really say that?

after his abuse to us at our work, he said he had a cad number too, and will get it from the police. so why come to me in the first place? i dont understand.

tbh after him coming to my work i would not give him my home address incase he comes and damages my car as he looks like that type of person that would! what would you do if you was in my position? alot of people are saying diffrent things but i just dont get it, i rather get a good answer from fellow honda owners :D
By Weezy_1
if i give him my insurance name and number, doesnt that mean that he can go through my insurance ?

i mean, he can say it was my fault and my insurance pay him out?

what i told him was that my insurance will contact you, thats when he started to get abusive. i think i know what his game plan is. not telling his insurance and just contacting mine lol
By Cat
It doesn't really matter whose insurance company contacts who tbh, they decide amongst themselves who is to blame.

I had a similar accident to yours, lorry in right hand lane at a roundabout moved off and took out the side of my car in the left hand lane. Although I thought he was at fault it turned into a 50/50, much to my annoyance!
By civictyper45
Just give him your details and therefor he has no reason so contact you again simples and insurance company's don't really work like that they way your thinking...

Sent from my GT-I9300
By Mart
More to the point, and something which you haven't actually mentioned at all.. Have YOU phoned YOUR insurance with HIS details? Because so far it actually sounds like you haven't.
If you had done he wouldn't need to come to your workplace because your insurance company would have made contact with his who would have informed him a claim had been made against him.
Don't give him your details again just phone your insurance and tell them his. Sounds like you're leaving it up to him to make the initial contact to me.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]