The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By billster
Ordered a whole load of engine parts from tegiwa and they've not turned up yet. Originally promised them in 10 days (by 23rd June) chased them and they said be here this week guaranteed. They're still not here yet. Paid via paypal.

Can I get any compensation for delay? My mechanic is about to start charging me rent as he has my car sat there preventing him doing other work.
Or can I get refund through paypal as I may need to order elsewhere?
By Just Dirk
I'm surprised as I've used them on a few occasions without any issue, unlike another place on here... If you have your own mechanic don't your own delivery guy too? :lol:
By yella
billster wrote:Ordered a whole load of engine parts from tegiwa and they've not turned up yet. Originally promised them in 10 days (by 23rd June) chased them and they said be here this week guaranteed. They're still not here yet. Paid via paypal.

Can I get any compensation for delay? My mechanic is about to start charging me rent as he has my car sat there preventing him doing other work.
Or can I get refund through paypal as I may need to order elsewhere?
Tegiwa customer service,,,,,,,,,,

well you can't automatically claim compensation from them for storage etc as they have not put the car in sotrage that was your choice. As for the delay, all depends on the agreement you signed up to when ordering the parts, i cannot see anything on tegiwas site that indemnifies them from delays and they do say most parts are there with in.

To be honest i would just cancel the order which you can do without charge as htye have not kept tot here promise twice and source elsewhere.

What exactly is it you have ordered??

i would also take time to complain to tegiwa, they still seem insistent on denying problems exist. I had another issue with them recently not sending to the specified delivery address on the order form.

Tegiwa annoy me as with descent customer service never gets any better despite new staff being assigned to it.
By billster
muz wrote:I'm surprised as I've used them on a few occasions without any issue, unlike another place on here... If you have your own mechanic don't your own delivery guy too? :lol:

Haha, yeah, but Tegiwa were a fair bit cheaper....... and it was a lot of cash...
By Sedge
Unless otherwise stated, 30 days in considered (in the Distance Selling Regs) to be a reasonable amount of time for items to arrive. As you have had a stated time of 10 days you can cancel your order with no penalty. If in doubt consult the Consumer Protect (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended 2005).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000 ... tents/made
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 ... tents/made

Tegiwa should provide you with a refund without you needing to go through PayPal directly.
By scot
Probably caught fire
By billster
scot wrote:Probably caught fire
Lmfao! Bloody tegiwa. Can't trust em! That's what crossed my mind actually!
Sedge wrote:Unless otherwise stated, 30 days in considered (in the Distance Selling Regs) to be a reasonable amount of time for items to arrive. As you have had a stated time of 10 days you can cancel your order with no penalty. If in doubt consult the Consumer Protect (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended 2005).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000 ... tents/made
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 ... tents/made

Tegiwa should provide you with a refund without you needing to go through PayPal directly.
Thanks for this. I'll have a read over the weekend and see what I can do, it's almost 30 days now anyway.
yella wrote:
Tegiwa customer service,,,,,,,,,,

well you can't automatically claim compensation from them for storage etc as they have not put the car in sotrage that was your choice. As for the delay, all depends on the agreement you signed up to when ordering the parts, i cannot see anything on tegiwas site that indemnifies them from delays and they do say most parts are there with in.

To be honest i would just cancel the order which you can do without charge as htye have not kept tot here promise twice and source elsewhere.
I'll look at sourcing elsewhere over the weekend. But this is the likely option to be honest. I didn't choose to put car in storage, but their inability to honour their part of the agreement may mean that I incur unnecessary charges. I wonder how I stand with that? Probably small claims court or something.
yella wrote:What exactly is it you have ordered??
A whole load of Honda OEM engine parts, including bearings, oil pump, bolts, gaskets etc. Over £600 in total.... funny thing is I ordered a few other Honda parts that were less urgent from the states and they were here in under 10 days! I should set up an import business, the parts were so much cheaper than even Tegiwa!!!
yella wrote:i would also take time to complain to tegiwa, they still seem insistent on denying problems exist. I had another issue with them recently not sending to the specified delivery address on the order form.

Tegiwa annoy me as with descent customer service never gets any better despite new staff being assigned to it.
I will be complaining as it's really delaying my engine rebuild now.
I've emailed a few times, and to be fair they have apologised last time they replied, but they haven't replied to an email I sent last night, nor a pm sent on here today. I've no idea how long it's going to be before the parts arrive, although I still have my fingers crossed they may arrive tomorrow before the week is over..... :-?

When I ordered it all, the whole process was so smooth! I should have known it wouldn't be so straightforward! I'm really annoyed now :evil:
By Josh1921
Tegiwa are sh-t. Their customer service is beyond a joke and no doubt they'll have a lame excuse about being really busy ATM because of such and such. It's not good enough. This pops up time and time again and previously having had problems myself well over a year ago they are clearly happy to deny there is a problem. Cunnts.
By Stevo M81
scot wrote:Probably caught fire
:lol: this will haunt Tegiwa forever :lol:
By billster
Pleased to report that the delivery turned up today!!

And it looks unscorched, unaffected by lightening, discarded cigarette butts and all the other possible problems too!
:grin:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]