The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By ben-111
mjhamilton wrote:
ben-111 wrote:This is stupid, I would never ring my supervisor up everymorning checking I'm insured, anyone in here who says otherwise are talking out their ar$e
That's a dumb statement... Most people will keep insurance details in the glove box and a lot of companies will provide copies for employees to keep with them when using vehicles

Not quite the same but I travel a lot and always decline insurance from avis on my rental cars as the company covers me on this... As a precaution I keep a copy of the company policy and details with me at all times just in case

Oh really, yes I have a certificate in the van stating I'm insured to drive the van, if however it gets cancelled or whatever, that certificate isn't going to change itself is it,
By mjhamilton
ben-111 wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
ben-111 wrote:This is stupid, I would never ring my supervisor up everymorning checking I'm insured, anyone in here who says otherwise are talking out their ar$e
That's a dumb statement... Most people will keep insurance details in the glove box and a lot of companies will provide copies for employees to keep with them when using vehicles

Not quite the same but I travel a lot and always decline insurance from avis on my rental cars as the company covers me on this... As a precaution I keep a copy of the company policy and details with me at all times just in case

Oh really, yes I have a certificate in the van stating I'm insured to drive the van, if however it gets cancelled or whatever, that certificate isn't going to change itself is it,

this won't go anywhere so what is the point in continuing the discussion.. so for that reason I am out of here :)
By NyseriA
scot wrote:I've never once seen an insurance document from my employer for my work van. I'd like to know exactly who has out of all the people who have access to and it have their own works vehicle.
There's a copy in the log book, iirc? ;)

Most employers will have insurance as they are causing the employee to drive the vehicle and are therefore ALSO liable in an accident.

As for the OP, it's well outside the realms of police advice; it would appear that your employer didn't pay up or didn't have insurance and the MIB paid out to the other party and are now trying to recover their costs from you. That's just the way it works. What you need to do is transfer that attention to your ex-employer, which may not be too easy but a solicitor can advise much better :)
By mjhamilton
NyseriA wrote:
scot wrote:I've never once seen an insurance document from my employer for my work van. I'd like to know exactly who has out of all the people who have access to and it have their own works vehicle.
There's a copy in the log book, iirc? ;)

Most employers will have insurance as they are causing the employee to drive the vehicle and are therefore ALSO liable in an accident.

As for the OP, it's well outside the realms of police advice; it would appear that your employer didn't pay up or didn't have insurance and the MIB paid out to the other party and are now trying to recover their costs from you. That's just the way it works. What you need to do is transfer that attention to your ex-employer, which may not be too easy but a solicitor can advise much better :)

Solicitor told him to ignore it, bury his head in the sand and they will go away.... sound advice to me :bumsmack:
By tabblink
It's been nearly 14 days since the letter came, havn't heard anything as of yet.

Even if they do start court proceeding they have to give me 14 days notice of doing so. The letter said "pay us within 7 days or we will start court proceedings"

This was just a pre advice warning letter for a settlement amount. Anyone can send a letter like this, even without a case whatsoever, to try and scare someone into paying them money they know they can't get from anyone legally.

I think they are just doing this to me. Of course if I do in fact get a letter telling me they are/ have issued the court proceedings, I'll continue with solicitation advice. Untill that point any more money spent on this is a waste.
By Mikey81
We have a few works vans and someone that had an accident was told by the police the MOT had expired a few days before the accident, the driver got the points for it. Every van now has a copy of the insurance certificate and MOT cert in the glove box with a breakdown card and i personally keep a copy of the MOT dates, giving the guys 2 weeks notice to get it tested. If the van is not roadworthy, i.e. bald tyres etc then the driver needs to inform the office and it gets sorted or they do it with permission and claim it back, at that point they can/should refuse to use it as it is their responsibility to be driving a road legal vehicle.

If you had a copy of the insurance certificate when you had the accident it would then make it the companies responsibility if they had not re-insured you or not told you, my view is at it stands its your responsibility to resolve the situation, as sh-t as that sounds.

Good luck getting it sorted as no-one needs this kind of thing hanging over them, especially as you no longer work for the company.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]