The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
They tend to send you pics that most clearly show the number plate, not the pic from the exact time you were lasered. The bike could have been in a different spot when you were lasered. Anyway, the laser spot at that range is only about a foot wide, not enough to include the bike. No chance of contesting that.
2k in revenue doesn't go very far when you consider everything else (especially when you subtract staff costs). The cost of running a division is around 100k a day.

There wouldn't have been staff solely for those courses, they'd have done other things too, so now they'll be doing even more.

As I said, GMP have never gone down the masses of profit from speeding route (thankfully) ;)
NyseriA wrote:2k in revenue doesn't go very far when you consider everything else (especially when you subtract staff costs). The cost of running a division is around 100k a day.

There wouldn't have been staff solely for those courses, they'd have done other things too, so now they'll be doing even more.

As I said, GMP have never gone down the masses of profit from speeding route (thankfully) ;)
So said staff (1 person tutoring the course) needs 2k for 4 hours work? Christ I'm in the wrong job! They're taking these sessions twice a day so that's 4k per day at each centre. If that's not cost effective they need new management.
sjjjones wrote:What a rubbish statement. Unless you mean other than the 10.5million in revenue made by speed cameras in Manchester over the last 5 years?
Police are more interested in easy money that crime these days.
typical mong ignorance. the police don't get the revenue, it goes to the treasury..
sjjjones wrote:Regardless of where the money goes, my statement was in reference to the comment 'GMP have never gone down the masses of profit from speeding route'. 10.5m is masses of profit in my eyes, or are you an unimaginably wealthy chap?
GMP is the second largest force in the UK and has two speed camera vans.

http://www.drivesafe.org.uk/

Enjoy.

Would be nice to know who's alias you are. Maybe.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]