The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By JDMy0
I went to view an EP3 today and I asked the private seller if it had ever been crashed before travelling up there. They said no - so I travelled 40 odd miles to view it. To cut a long story short I got there and once I had reception on my phone I find out it has been an insurance write off...! Aren't people supposed to know this kind of thing and advertise it !?
By Chris-EP3
Some people buy cars without checking, then hope that it's fine

Ignorance is bliss and all that

Plus if it's a cat c / d the price drops

So buy at top price without checking, find out its been written off and sell with the hope next owner doesnt check either

Don't know the laws regarding telling the buyer, down to how honest the person is
Mr Anderson wrote:It's up to the buyer to research the history of a car, regardless of any laws, it's just common sense.

Well done for finding out before you bought it.
its you who is buying a car so its your responsibility to do the search on it [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Omni
As above they don't have to advertise the fact, but if asked they must declare it.

Bit shitty if you asked him and he said no, but doubt you'll get anywhere legally against a private seller, lesson learned. Mytextcheck on the reg before leaving home in future.
Cat d they have no responsibility to tell you even if you ask - they may not even know themselves, cat C they do as it normally means major repair work, hence why its stated on the log book in big bold writing.
bornlucky1 wrote:Cat d they have no responsibility to tell you even if you ask - they may not even know themselves, cat C they do as it normally means major repair work, hence why its stated on the log book in big bold writing.
This
By Chris-EP3
bornlucky1 wrote:Cat d they have no responsibility to tell you even if you ask - they may not even know themselves, cat C they do as it normally means major repair work, hence why its stated on the log book in big bold writing.
Cat c should say in log book in special notes
(not my v5)
Chris-EP3 wrote:
Cat c should say in log book in special notes
(not my v5)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]