The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
More of a rant really as I know the probable outcome;

My partner was involved in a three car collision this morning.

She went into the back of some guy that went into the back of a Range Rover - now the difficult part;
GF maintains (I trust her as she isn't a make up in mirror/air head/smoker) she was travelling around 20-5 mph-ish when the car in front suddenly stops and she tries to brake but bumps into the back of him. She gets out of the car and her damage consists of virtually no cosmetic damage to her (ka) bumper - some of the plastic bumper clips have dislodged.

Now the rear bumper of the car she's gone into has literally a single scratch on it.

BUT - the front has stoved in: smashed bumper/grille, dislodged headlight and crumpled bonnet.

The driver of the car she bumped into and the range rover at the front have come to the conclusion that she caused the entire accident.

I don't see how the driver at the very front could have come to such a conclusion of what happened with the 2 cars behind him. So his statement must be invalidated.

What I think is that the car in front of gf whacked into the range rover and then gf has come along and in-turn gone into him as the driver has come to such a sudden stop.

Does GF stand a chance in hell?

GFs car and person she bumped into are also insured by the same company, so don't know if that would affect any outcome?

Her arse:

Last edited by GenuineSince89 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been in this position before.
It doesn't really matter what driver 1 claims. The apportionment of costs will be decided by the (2) insurance companies but because she made contact with car 2, she will still be recorded as being involved in an accident and carrying some degree of liability.
parsimony wrote:I've been in this position before.
It doesn't really matter what driver 1 claims. The apportionment of costs will be decided by the (2) insurance companies but because she made contact with car 2, she will still be recorded as being involved in an accident and carrying some degree of liability.
Agreed.

Put simply, car 1's damage is the fault of car 2, car 2's damage his part his fault and part car 3, car 3's damage is car 3's fault.

Rear enders are simple for an insurer, you should have been far enough away from the vehicle in front to stop. You can't argue it. But no way can she can cause damage to car 1 unless she shunted car 2 into it, but then the damage is inconsistent, so no.
her insurers will be liable for the whole thing as if she hadn't had shunted the other car ther range rover wouldnt have been damaged although she didn't actually hit the range rover she will be held accountable imo :???:
That's the thing. The damage to the front of the car she hit doesn't match up with the speed she knocked the car at. The car obviously went into the back of the range rover first. The difficult thing will be trying to prove that

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]