The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By TeeDog
Well, looks like i am getting a ban of some sort next week.. :bigcry:

I got a letter in the post in november saying that my car was spotted doing 52mph in a 30mph.

I had no choice but to declare that i was the driver at the time.

After reading through the statment provided by the community support officer (not poilce officer), i found for one, that he stated that he spotted the "Honda Civic" (which was actually a CRX) travelling towards him at an excessive speed. (Not entirely true).
I also realised that at the bottom of the statment, where it says "witness signature", that it hadn't been signed. Which means he was on his own.
I cant be sure that the speed that was recorded, was the speed that i was doing.
So i felt the need to email a few soliciters specializing in traffic offences, to find out what case i had.

Turns out, I actually have no defence for my case! :evil: :evil: :evil:

As a result i will have to plead guilty and appear in court next week.

The maxumum sentence for this is 6 points OR 56 day ban, 1000 pound fine.

If i was to plead not guilty, they would probably still find me guilty and give me the maximum penalty/sentence.

WHAT A PISS TAKE!

Where is the justice for the people!?
Lucky7 wrote:So you were speeding.

Justice would mean you get done for speeding, Which is happening.

Am I missing something?
well this tbh

although the speed limits are a very very contentiuos issue for me
By TeeDog
The 30mph road it was on, is not a usual, small, narrow residential road with cars parked either side.
It is a long, quite wide and open road, about a mile long. The only reason it is a 30mph limit, is because it has a school at one end of it.
By Barney
TeeDog wrote:The 30mph road it was on, is not a usual, small, narrow residential road with cars parked either side.
It is a long, quite wide and open road, about a mile long. The only reason it is a 30mph limit, is because it has a school at one end of it.
Re read the last sentence
so you were doing 52 mph past a school and you were so oblivious to your surroundings that you failed to see a copper in a high vis doing a sniper impression? :shock:
tbh i hope you get gang raped
By Sp1
eatthis wrote:so you were doing 52 mph past a school and you were so oblivious to your surroundings that you failed to see a copper in a high vis doing a sniper impression? :shock:
tbh i hope you get gang raped
Strange that you would make such a comment without having any of the facts. Typifies the bandwagon mentality really doesn't it?
danneth wrote:Get ready to be judged by everyone who sticks to the speed limits :lol:
everybody creeps over the limit sometimes but not that much
theres a time and a place. if it was 1am and nobody was around then its sh1te if it was in the day then its bang out of order

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]