The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
Mart wrote:True but you're splitting hairs. Other than the few roads you might name me that fall outside this rule the vast majority of 30mph zones happen to be going through a residential or built up area.
i agree but it highlights the fact that a blanket approach is just plain dumb
By Mart
If he divulged a picture of the document after prosecution I'd be willing to bet that he was speeding in a built up area either in the day or early evening. PCSO's I don't believe just walk about the backroads at 2am.
Mart wrote:If he divulged a picture of the document after prosecution I'd be willing to bet that he was speeding in a built up area either in the day or early evening. PCSO's I don't believe just walk about the backroads at 2am.
i wasnt talking about the op (although its interesting that he hasnt replied since) my comments are more general
By Mart
Well generally speaking then all people driving at that speed in a 30mph limit should get shafted. It is almost a guaranteed death for anybody hit by a car at that speed and it's in these zones you're most likely to hit someone.
Mart wrote:Well generally speaking then all people driving at that speed in a 30mph limit should get shafted. It is almost a guaranteed death for anybody hit by a car at that speed and it's in these zones you're most likely to hit someone.

the point was over there fella you missed it
By Mark83
s77ltd wrote:go in with some a load of wotsit story about youll lose your job and make out it will affect others which would be unfair like you take an elderly person shopping every week or something.
Do you think the magistrates are that gullible?
By Mart
eatthis wrote:
Mart wrote:Well generally speaking then all people driving at that speed in a 30mph limit should get shafted. It is almost a guaranteed death for anybody hit by a car at that speed and it's in these zones you're most likely to hit someone.

What point? The only half attempt at a point I completely disagreed with so how did I miss it
Mart wrote:
eatthis wrote:

What point? The only half attempt at a point I completely disagreed with so how did I miss it
speed limits are very generic and are prosocuted overzelously (if that isnt a word it fkin should be)
By Mart
eatthis wrote:
Mart wrote:It's 30 for a reason... And sorry but I completely agree
i mostly agree but not always
Well being as I only posted in this thread because the guy was doing nearly double the speed limit through most likely a built up 30mph area when is it OK to do this speed?
It's not like I'm in a '34 in a 30' thread....
By eatthis
Mart wrote:
eatthis wrote:
i mostly agree but not always
Well being as I only posted in this thread because the guy was doing nearly double the speed limit through most likely a built up 30mph area when is it OK to do this speed?
It's not like I'm in a '34 in a 30' thread....
im still not talking about the op
By Mart
bornlucky1 wrote:
i agree wit this, but whats your stance on b roads? Is it 60 for a reason?
Do whatever you feel your license is worth in a 60 zone as long as it isn't dangerous for all I care. This is completely different
eatthis wrote:im still not talking about the op
So what are you on about? You haven't given a single example yet you expect me to have any clue what you mean...
By eatthis
Mart wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:
i agree wit this, but whats your stance on b roads? Is it 60 for a reason?
Do whatever you feel your license is worth in a 60 zone as long as it isn't dangerous for all I care. This is completely different
eatthis wrote:im still not talking about the op
So what are you on about? You haven't given a single example yet you expect me to have any clue what you mean...
weve already had this conversation a few posts ago ffs
By Mart
Where you said "I mostly agree but not always"... Yea that's really making a valid point. Tell me a "not always" or a acceptable time you should be able to because so far you've give me nothing, said you've made your point, and that I missed it entirely :lol:
By eatthis
Mart wrote:Where you said "I mostly agree but not always"... Yea that's really making a valid point. Tell me a "not always" or a acceptable time you should be able to because so far you've give me nothing, said you've made your point, and that I missed it entirely :lol:
there are a million variables road conditions visibilty surrounding area tiem of day etc etc speed limits take no account at all of some important factors yet they are policed with glee all speeders are evil baby killers etc
By Mart
All speeders in 30 zones are vastly more likely to kill someone than outside of one though. :scratch:
Do you think I would've been remotely bothered if he had been doing 92mph on a motorway... You've gone from generalising only 30mph speeding to all speeding now. Whatever point you were trying to make I think you lost yourself in it trying to convince me otherwise :lol:
By eatthis
Mart wrote:All speeders in 30 zones are vastly more likely to kill someone than outside of one though. :scratch:
Do you think I would've been remotely bothered if he had been doing 92mph on a motorway... You've gone from generalising only 30mph speeding to all speeding now. Whatever point you were trying to make I think you lost yourself in it trying to convince me otherwise :lol:

all speeders in the vicinity of pedestrians are more likely to kill somebody yes. and most 30s are built up areas but theres a fcking big difference between middle of the day and middle of the night even in the same street so a safe speed at 3pm is different to a safe speed at 3am

slightly off topic here but i dont think speed cameras are a good isea near schools at all. when you see a camera whats the 1st thing you do? look at the speedo thats what and from then on you pay attention to the speedo when it would be better allocated to your surroundings imho speedhumps are safer (as long as theyr not absolutely fcked like alot round here are!!)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]