The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By CTR-FTW
Just though i'd post up the extra cash a sp30 and a 7 day ban puts on your insurance.

EP3 no mods
31 year old Male
3 years ncb
Licence held for 9 years
Post code WA (High)
SP30 with 7 day ban

£1400 Admiral

Without SP30 and Ban

£950

So for the sake of getting home from work 2 minutes earlier, i'm paying an extra £450 a year plus a £300 fine.

So the lesson is kids don't bother speeding, my offence took place in January 2010 and looks like it will cost me the best part of 3k over the 5 years on my record.

Oh and before you ask i was caught doing 67 mph on the A533 (60mph) Daresbury expressway Runcorn, in a temporary 1/4 mile 40 limit by a unmarked camera van.
Last edited by CTR-FTW on Fri May 27, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By DANCTRs-o-t
That's weird, I was 23 when I got my sp50 and it put my insurance with admiral up about £60.

Wonder if the ban makes the difference?
By CTR-FTW
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:That's weird, I was 23 when I got my sp50 and it put my insurance with admiral up about £60.

Wonder if the ban makes the difference?
Tried the quote without the 7 day ban and it was £1100.
By CTR-FTW
NyseriA wrote:A 7 day ban eh? :-|

Still, don't want to generalise too much, but speeding in roadworks can be quite a bad idea :|
But fancy, hiring a private contractor, to sit in an unmarked camera van on a 1/4 mile stretch of road, just to nick people on Friday afternoon who aren’t aware that it’s just gone from a 60 to a 40 on a 3 lane carriage way.

Cheshire police are the worst in the Northwest for traffic enforcement, and the courts are just as bad.

I waited 5 hours in a scummy court house, to be seen for 1 minute by a toffee nose c**t, who took one look at me, and judged me as if i was a peado, driving around the streets of Runcorn at 100 mph, grooming toddlers.

Rant over.
By CTR-FTW
martin1086 wrote:how long did it take for your fine to come through as in the day you where caught to the day you got the fine?
13 days later, b'stards!
By NyseriA
Having had to help fish a car out of a big hole in roadworks with a somewhat injured bloke inside after he was rear ended by a speeder who wasn't paying attention, it does give two sides to a story.

I seem to recall Rossco had to dive out of the way after a driver nearly took him out speeding through a restricted area too.

Doesn't discount the magistrate/Cheshire Ghurkas argument though :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]