The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got a speeding ticket? We have Police Officers on the forum who can provide advice.
By SeanEP3
anyone able to give me some advice here

hypothetically speaking, if a statement i made to police says i will go to court to give evidence, and i get a summons, can i change my mind?

also, what would happen, hypothetically spekaing, if the summons is sent to my work, and i, for some reason, dont recieve it, and hence, didnt turn up..

thanks

Sean
Last edited by SeanEP3 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bluntcap
They'll look at this thread and realise you ignored it :lol:

PM NaysirA or however you spell it, he's a mod and a police officer :thumbup:
By Newannaive
bluntcap wrote: PM NaysirA or however you spell it
:lol:
By SeanEP3
bluntcap wrote:They'll look at this thread and realise you ignored it :lol:
edited for the courts! :lol:
By baddohc
Depends on the case.
They will attend your house before hand if you havent replied that you will attend/not etc.

if the case is serious, they can come out on the day and arrest you, take you to the court to give evidence n then release you..

if you dont show up, i doubt they will do much to you but in future cases you might be classed as an 'unreliable witness'..
By NyseriA
SeanEP3 wrote:anyone able to give me some advice here

hypothetically speaking, if a statement i made to police says i will go to court to give evidence, and i get a summons, can i change my mind?

also, what would happen, hypothetically spekaing, if the summons is sent to my work, and i, for some reason, dont recieve it, and hence, didnt turn up..

thanks

Sean
It doesn't matter if you said you would or you wouldn't. If the court issues a witness summons, you go to court or face arrest. You can't be made to give evidence (and only a completely insane prosecution would try anyway) but you can be made to turn up.

Regards,

NaysirA or summat.
By civictyper45
once summoned you have to go no matter what as nys said been thru it all myself quite a while ago and you cant change your statement either....
By SeanEP3
cheers for the replies. looks like a day out from work then!

but i can refuse to give evidence? seems a strange that.
By SeanEP3
lol, well i work in this guys home town, he is well known to be a bit of a nutter, just not sure if i want the aggro of getting him in the brown.

thanks for your replies though
By NyseriA
He got himself in it, it would seem. Can appreciate your feelings though, I got surrounded in a pub once by the mates of a guy that had broken a friends jaw, asking why I had grassed them up.

I fronted them up and told them to ask their mate to show some balls.

Easy advice when you've got an entire rugby team in the same room as you and the three friends :lol:
By SeanEP3
im a bit wierd, id rather them scrap it out with me, then attack my car or something! lol

guess i'll just see how it goes.

thanks again!

Sean
By baddohc
think you can give evidence in private before hand buddy,
they ask a few questions and record it..
By SeanEP3
they called today to ask why i hadnt responded to my summons. to which i obviouisly replied "what summons?"

looks like i'll be getting a day off work.
By Antaz
Man up and get on with it. People dont get convicted when people who can testify lose their balls and dont.
By SeanEP3
well, went to court today. and out of the 4 witnesses, and 1 victim, i was the only one to turn up, and they threw it out of court.

so if i had a summons, and the threat of arrest to attend, why wouldnt these other people be made to attend? :scratch:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]