The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By G
Does anyone know if Honda organise Track Days for owners of Type R's???

This week I went to Cadwell Park with my mate in his Renault Clio 172 Cup. The whole day was organised by Renault Sport and believe it or not very professionally organised!! The whole track was booked out only for Renualt Sport drivers for the whole day, 10am - 5pm. It was an open pit lane so you could just go on track whenever you wanted, do 10 or so laps and come off and cool down!! All this cost only about £130 for the day and if you wanted to you could pay £30 extra for some tuition laps from instructors who had come up from Brandshatch!!! On top of that they were doing passenger rides in various other Renault Sport cars and I even managed to blag a ride for free in a Clio V6 with one of the instructors!!

I felt it was much better than any other track days I have been to before, because you weren't triping over other cars that were dramitically slower and the open pit lane option was way better than have 20 minute slots or something like that!!

If Renault can manage to organise something like this, why isn't Honda and if they are, why don't I know about it?????

Does anyone know if Honda have done anything like this before?? Or does anyone know anyone at Honda that we can badger to get them to do this???

Cheers

G
By Adambsmith
Have a look in the MAC section of the forum. IIRC they did some track days.
By G
Cheers - I'll check it out.
By Bazzer
MAC do do trackdays as I have been on 2 of them. However, they aren't dedicated Honda Trackdays as the trackday is run through Big Thunder whom run trackdays in parrallel.

You are therefore on track with other makes of cars. But don't let this put you off, it's very professionally run and I like tracking against other cars as you'll be surprised at what the CTR is capable of :wink:
By G
Thanks for the info - I'll definitely get myself on one or two of their Track days next year then!!!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]