The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By LG87
I'm itching to go this year! hopefully have the majority of the bits on the car done before so.

Lewis, would you advise a bit of UK track experience first before tackling the ring? i know you did? thoughts?

Cheers,
By Lewisgame
LG87 wrote:I'm itching to go this year! hopefully have the majority of the bits on the car done before so.

Lewis, would you advise a bit of UK track experience first before tackling the ring? i know you did? thoughts?

Cheers,
I'd recommend it. I also got 30 mins or tuition on one of my track days. If you're a novice you'll gain some good tricks and tips. You'll also learn the limit of your ability and the car. It's best to make the mistakes at a track here as many have big run offs and if need be it's not the end of the world if you break the car.
Crashing at the Nürburgring I can only imagine is comparable to getting a one night stand up the duff. One small slip and you'll be out of pocket for thousands!
By LG87
Lewisgame wrote: Crashing at the Nürburgring I can only imagine is comparable to getting a one night stand up the duff.
DEAD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good shout mate, think i may stick to the UK, if I've got a bit of experience then may tackle it in September possibly.
By Lewisgame
LG87 wrote:
Lewisgame wrote: Crashing at the Nürburgring I can only imagine is comparable to getting a one night stand up the duff.
DEAD :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good shout mate, think i may stick to the UK, if I've got a bit of experience then may tackle it in September possibly.
I should be going again in September if a friend of mine pulls his finger out and gets his R33 skyline finished in time.
By yella
drive over have a look around, then rent a swift from Rent4ring to actually drive it with zero risk. Great service from a civic owner ( was now he's darkside with a VW) as brother is manager of the place and will sort you out.

As always, first timers should go at a VLN weekend, see the GT3 cars flat out, experience a race that ha nearly 200 cars on the grid, then drive the track yourself the next day. I'll be over loads as usual.

I was over for new year so inspected the new modifications to flugplatz and done a walking lap on new years day.

By yella
Lewisgame wrote:Yella, how much have they flattened the flugplatz?

Foot and half added at the mid point and a further foot and half removed from crest, just means more crashes at SX if you ask me. I'll be sticking mainly to the GP track this year as much more fun in RWD if you get it wrong, i don;t like 240bhp with no Traction, not enough skill....lol
By Lewisgame
yella wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:Yella, how much have they flattened the flugplatz?

Foot and half added at the mid point and a further foot and half removed from crest, just means more crashes at SX if you ask me. I'll be sticking mainly to the GP track this year as much more fun in RWD if you get it wrong, i don;t like 240bhp with no Traction, not enough skill....lol
Fair point. The Nordschleife does take a liking for sending BMW's to an early grave!
By shaRRpy
FunkyRemix wrote:
shaRRpy wrote: as I think I'm going to sell up. :Confused:
What's on your mind?!
Just fancy a change after 13 years of owning ep3's. Not sure what though. m3 e92 ,evo X.
LG87 wrote:I'm itching to go this year! hopefully have the majority of the bits on the car done before so.

Cheers,
My very 1st track experience was on the ring and it was a mix of enjoyment and sh***ing myself.high spec 911's and m3's literally come out of no where.so I would recommend some uk tracks first,but if you do go then try and get out as soon as it opens in the morning and you should get a few quite ish laps in.
By FunkyRemix
shaRRpy wrote:
FunkyRemix wrote:
shaRRpy wrote: as I think I'm going to sell up. :Confused:
What's on your mind?!
Just fancy a change after 13 years of owning ep3's. Not sure what though. m3 e92 ,evo X.
Fair point and am sure you will have zero trouble shifting that motor!

Evo X ;)
By yella
all i'd say is don't crash, as it does hurt. I was passenger in a Crash at 155mph up Kesselchen last year, it was blooming scary to say the least and cost my mate well over £75k to fix his car after, but we walked away, but thats my first proper crash experience there in 14 years of going,

heres a vid in my mates Mk2 Golf last year, proof that an old shed can be made quick if you spend silly time developing it.

By FunkyRemix
yella wrote: cost my mate well over £75k to fix his car after
What car was it ?!
I presume you were wearing those neck braces as well?
By k20a@ep3spoon
I'm going May 5,6,7,8 &9th but taking the bike
Then sept 9,10,11,12 in the ep3

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]