The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By SoCo
I know they aren't for everyone but looking through some of the threads below it seems that there are at least a few others who enjoy taking their cars out on track?

Looking at it I guess a lot of people are using the Facebook page now instead of this but I never seem to hear or see anything on their that is even the slightest track day related.?

Has there ever been a track day organised through the forum for the dedicated few? 8-)
By yella
i do quite a few, plan to do as many tracks as possible next year in the new car, idea is not to spend any money on other than service parts and just spend it on trackdays, also doing a few more European tracks ( mainly tourist sessions) but doing red bull ring, Hockenheim, Monza and Paul Ricard to tick them off the list.
By abctr
Yes count me in. I am at Oulton Park on Friday. I am planning on doing a number of them next year. Rockingham is a very well organised trackday.
By shaRRpy
AdamB92 wrote:I'm up for wherever, I tend to book into a hotel for the night anyway, saves driving hours at stupid O'clock in the morning.
Same here pal,I used to travel up early doors and then have to swap wheels over so much easier to book hotel and swap wheels there night before.and you can have a few beers. :)
By SoCo
I'm in the fortunate position of being only 15mins from Brands so that works for me, wouldn't mind a trip up to Oulton Park though as I need to tick that one off the list in the EP3.
By yella
brands is a little boring if i'm honest, down a few there but much better tracks in the UK. Bedford is cracking for first timers or just for a laugh as its big flat and nothing to hit. Silverstone Full Gp is also a lot of fun. This time of year most are ridiculously cheap. IE today you could have done Oulton park with garage included for £100, madness.

Also worth noting which organisers are good and which ones are a bit meh. Circuit days are probably one of the best in UK, always well organised. Trackdays.de are great too for any overseas ones you see..
By SoCo
The full Bedford GT circuit is great fun and it's almost ideal for those who are new to track days or prefer the extra run off on the corners. Downside is it does have stricter 102dB static noise limits for a lot of events which may put some people off..
By AdamB92
shaRRpy wrote:
AdamB92 wrote:I'm up for wherever, I tend to book into a hotel for the night anyway, saves driving hours at stupid O'clock in the morning.
Same here pal,I used to travel up early doors and then have to swap wheels over so much easier to book hotel and swap wheels there night before.and you can have a few beers. :)
That's it mate, would be cool if a few of us booked in at the same hotel, introductions, beers and chat. What's not to like :lol:

Maybe we could get a list going of people who are interested and their track experience, like some have already mentioned, the likes of Bedford have loads of run off for those new to trackdays and worried about having a bit of an off.

I'll start...

1. AdamB92 - Intermediate Experience - Any UK track
By SoCo
I like the hotel/beer idea, It's always good to put names to faces:

2. SoCo - Intermediate Experience - Any UK Track
By Lewisgame
yella wrote:brands is a little boring if i'm honest, down a few there but much better tracks in the UK.
Part of the reason why I haven't done it yet. I think a full day open pit lane you'd get bored fairly quickly. More of an evening track to blast around for only a few hours. The full track would be better but it's a lot more money.
I liked Snetterton 300. Fairly flat with a mixture of long straights and an infield.
Javelin have a weekend at Spa in April. That'll be a box to tick.
By billster
I'd be up for this. I've done Brands and Goodwood before, and I'm doing Goodwood again on 5th December with HOT. I'm happy with anywhere as long as it's not too strict on noise.

2. SoCo - Intermediate Experience - Any UK Track

3. billster - intermediate experience - any UK track that's not too far ooop North...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]