The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• First Track Day with my FN2 - brake pad question?

• Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
 #3834274  by BatCat
 Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:43 pm
I'm off on a novice track day at Oulton Park in July, I drove a GTR round there on a track day last summer and been to a few race events there so I know it's a great circuit and looking forward to taking my (currently) 100% stock FN2 round there.

The one concern I have is over brake fading / glazing. I'm planning on checking my pads beforehand and replacing them if they're close to worn. Question is, how do the stock pads hold up on a track day? Should I replace them with new stock pads if they're worn, or should I replace them regardless with some more capable pads? The car needs to be drivable in normal road conditions too so any non-standard pads I fit need to work just as well when cold & wet. Any recommendations and tips are welcome...

Cheers,
David
 #3834318  by Lewisgame
 Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 pm
Personally I'd upgrade the pads. Stock pads aren't really up for the job.
Something like the DS2500 pads should be plenty. Check the disc condition as well. If they're lipped (best to measure disc thickness) or any corrosion patches get some new ones on.
 #3834339  by wHAmEz
 Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:26 pm
Christ! Change your pads. personally the stock pads are gash even on fast road use. I'm using stoptech pads at the moment but I've toasted these as well. As Lewis says the ferrodo ds2500 are ment to be really good. I'll be getting those on for next summer no doubt
 #3834598  by BatCat
 Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm
Thanks for the responses.

Decided to get the pads upgraded to the DS2500s. Also getting a higher spec fluid and braided hoses while I'm at it.

Any bedding in tips on the road and how to avoid them squealing?

Cheers,
David

Recent Topics

User avatar Brake Pads

by cory_veloce

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 am

User avatar ABS and Battery Light on - EP3 2004?

by mat_555

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:40 pm

User avatar FN2 alternator

by 15repyt

Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 pm

User avatar Lewisgame's Cosmic EP3

by Lewisgame

Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:52 pm

User avatar Honda Civic Error Code P0780 etc

by r.kelly

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

CTRO™ was the worlds first and largest Civic Type R club and forum. Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's. Now fully updated for 2015 the new forum based on BBOOTS PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

Don't forget to check out our huge Facebook group and Twitter Pages for all the most upto date goings on in the world of Honda and the Type R Brand.

CTRO

Established : 2002