The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By bluntcap
So, 1st track day this coming Monday.

How much extra fuel should I bring with me? One or two 5 gallon gerry cans?

Assuming my car will burn through a fair share being 300bhp.
By bluntcap
Cheers

It's a local track to me in Northern Ireland, Kirkistown is its name.

Looking forward to it, but I've never done it before and this car is my daily driver :???: :lol:

It's been booked privately, so just 6 of us going at the moment, the max we can have is 8.

By bluntcap
Sedge wrote:I'd agree with that. It'll get used at some point so it won't be wasted.

Enjoy :salut:
Cheers Sedge, yea I had thought that as well, it'll be used up, just didn't wanna get on to keen :lol:
R'ash wrote:I usually get through 2 tanks with mine which is standard power and management, so I guess more than that.
Although on my first one I think I only used just over a tank
Good to know bud thanks [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By bluntcap
Newannaive wrote:Carlos used to take about 4 jerry cans for his jrsc. Lol. It got through it.
I bet he was going flat out though, I'm not going try and brake any records :lol: , I'd say a 97% full tank and two 5 gallon gerry cans should be good......if not a petrol station is about 20 minutes or so from the track. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By bluntcap
Mark83 wrote:Are there no petrol stations nearby?
Not close no, the track is a bit "middle of no where". Just wanted to have an idea if the gerry cans where just to much or pretty accurate. Would rather not leave the track unless I really needed to, through no other reason other than convenience. So If burnt through a tank pretty quick I'd be back and forward to the petrol station all day.
Fire_2 wrote:JRSC fuel starv around high G's corners so keep the tank over 1/4 to stop this
Even with me running road tyres? That that was just semi/slicks?
By bluntcap
R'ash wrote:don't forget to take some oil with you swell as you'll go through that more the normal.
That's on my list as well, a fresh top up the night before and bringing some with me [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
And to check your tyre pressure every 15 minute session - you will need to let air out over the day and then once everything cools does use a compressor to put it back In before going home
By SeanEP3
I emptied my tank in around 80 miles at Bedford. you can easily get through two tanks no prob.

Fire_2 wrote:

JRSC fuel starv around high G's corners so keep the tank over 1/4 to stop this

think your talking about oil on the semi slicks, but yeah, with low petrol, and high g corners, it can starve, causing it too cough and splutter a bit. even with road tyres.

enjoy it, you will absolutely love it!
By bluntcap
mjhamilton wrote:And to check your tyre pressure every 15 minute session - you will need to let air out over the day and then once everything cools does use a compressor to put it back In before going home
[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

SeanEP3 wrote:I emptied my tank in around 80 miles at Bedford. you can easily get through two tanks no prob.

Fire_2 wrote:

JRSC fuel starv around high G's corners so keep the tank over 1/4 to stop this

think your talking about oil on the semi slicks, but yeah, with low petrol, and high g corners, it can starve, causing it too cough and splutter a bit. even with road tyres.

enjoy it, you will absolutely love it!
Looking forward to it for sure, especially with there only being 6 cars going, all of which are valuable. So it means there will be no unnecessary driving techniques.
By kipps
I always go through a full tank (brimmed for the drive there in the morning) and 2 x 20 ltr Jerry cans. I just about make it home each time on fumes from the last can :lol: (Based on me driving Preston to Oulton and back at approx 45 miles each way)

Mine's not boosted though - I'd probably use alot more if it was :shock: :lol:
kipps wrote:I always go through a full tank (brimmed for the drive there in the morning) and 2 x 20 ltr Jerry cans. I just about make it home each time on fumes from the last can :lol: (Based on me driving Preston to Oulton and back at approx 45 miles each way)

Mine's not boosted though - I'd probably use alot more if it was :shock: :lol:
Only cos you poor it down the side of the car when filling back up dude...
By kipps
Im pretty sure that was your fault, you were tasked with the job of holding the funnel, I was pouring ... you failed to locate the funnel correctly into my tank and still owe me £10 for the lost petrol !!!! :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]