The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
i used to use a full tank and 3 20ltr cans and fill up again for the way home.used to cost me around £200 for a full days fuel.
By bluntcap
brenscivic wrote:I used to use a full tank and 3 20ltr cans and fill up again for the way home.used to cost me around £200 for a full days fuel.
Damn :lol:

Well car is full to the brim of super, got 2 20L gerry cans to fill tomorrow and that should be enough for me as a 1st timer, track isn't massive either……better looking at it than for it at the end of the day.
By D4Z3D
Hey mate, first of all enjoy it! You will have a blast.

As the other track whoooores have said:

1) Watch tyre pressure, i drop them to 28-29 psi cold before going on, ends up at 35 - 37 psi after 1 session but i'm running rsr-r's which generate a lot of heat. Try dropping 2-3 psi below optimum on road tyres when they are cold so they come back up to optimum while on track, check them after each session to see how they are coping. Also take a pump to put them back up for driving home [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] )

2) Full tank of fuel for a days tracking + 20 litres to get you home

3) Oil - Take extra with you but be very careful when topping up. You need to let the car sit for 15 minutes to maker sure all the oil has dripped back down into the sump before checking the dipstick (especially if you are running sump baffles). If you don't wait long enough you could overfill it to much and this could be bad news also. Since you are boosted (IIRC) you need to be careful not to overfill too much. N/A you can get away with running a little over the max line (infact i do that usually at track days) but you should aim to be right on the max.

4) I cant remember what brakes you have but these are the most likely part of the car to give up the ghost on track. Even good brakes can go squidgy if there's air in the system so if you begin to feel your pedal travel increasing give them a cool lap to recover. Brake pedals can go from feeling squidgy to foot on the bulkhead in a matter of laps o just manage them a bit if they begin to go.

Have a great time [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]