The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• How much extra fuel for a track day?

• Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
 #3747385  by bluntcap
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:33 pm
So, 1st track day this coming Monday.

How much extra fuel should I bring with me? One or two 5 gallon gerry cans?

Assuming my car will burn through a fair share being 300bhp.
 #3747388  by bluntcap
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:45 pm
Cheers

It's a local track to me in Northern Ireland, Kirkistown is its name.

Looking forward to it, but I've never done it before and this car is my daily driver :???: :lol:

It's been booked privately, so just 6 of us going at the moment, the max we can have is 8.

#3747394  by Sedge
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 pm
I'd agree with that. It'll get used at some point so it won't be wasted.

Enjoy :salut:
 #3747401  by R'ash
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:04 pm
I usually get through 2 tanks with mine which is standard power and management, so I guess more than that.
Although on my first one I think I only used just over a tank
 #3747406  by bluntcap
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:10 pm
Sedge wrote:I'd agree with that. It'll get used at some point so it won't be wasted.

Enjoy :salut:

Cheers Sedge, yea I had thought that as well, it'll be used up, just didn't wanna get on to keen :lol:

R'ash wrote:I usually get through 2 tanks with mine which is standard power and management, so I guess more than that.
Although on my first one I think I only used just over a tank

Good to know bud thanks [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
 #3747409  by Newannaive
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 pm
Carlos used to take about 4 jerry cans for his jrsc. Lol. It got through it.
 #3747413  by bluntcap
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 pm
Newannaive wrote:Carlos used to take about 4 jerry cans for his jrsc. Lol. It got through it.

I bet he was going flat out though, I'm not going try and brake any records :lol: , I'd say a 97% full tank and two 5 gallon gerry cans should be good......if not a petrol station is about 20 minutes or so from the track. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
 #3747419  by bluntcap
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:31 pm
Mark83 wrote:Are there no petrol stations nearby?

Not close no, the track is a bit "middle of no where". Just wanted to have an idea if the gerry cans where just to much or pretty accurate. Would rather not leave the track unless I really needed to, through no other reason other than convenience. So If burnt through a tank pretty quick I'd be back and forward to the petrol station all day.

Fire_2 wrote:JRSC fuel starv around high G's corners so keep the tank over 1/4 to stop this

Even with me running road tyres? That that was just semi/slicks?
 #3747432  by R'ash
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 pm
don't forget to take some oil with you aswell as you'll go through that more the normal.
 #3747466  by bluntcap
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:41 pm
R'ash wrote:don't forget to take some oil with you swell as you'll go through that more the normal.

That's on my list as well, a fresh top up the night before and bringing some with me [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
 #3747473  by mjhamilton
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm
And to check your tyre pressure every 15 minute session - you will need to let air out over the day and then once everything cools does use a compressor to put it back In before going home
 #3747507  by SeanEP3
 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:11 pm
I emptied my tank in around 80 miles at Bedford. you can easily get through two tanks no prob.

Fire_2 wrote:

JRSC fuel starv around high G's corners so keep the tank over 1/4 to stop this

think your talking about oil on the semi slicks, but yeah, with low petrol, and high g corners, it can starve, causing it too cough and splutter a bit. even with road tyres.

enjoy it, you will absolutely love it!
 #3747609  by bluntcap
 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:56 am
mjhamilton wrote:And to check your tyre pressure every 15 minute session - you will need to let air out over the day and then once everything cools does use a compressor to put it back In before going home

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

SeanEP3 wrote:I emptied my tank in around 80 miles at Bedford. you can easily get through two tanks no prob.

Fire_2 wrote:

JRSC fuel starv around high G's corners so keep the tank over 1/4 to stop this

think your talking about oil on the semi slicks, but yeah, with low petrol, and high g corners, it can starve, causing it too cough and splutter a bit. even with road tyres.

enjoy it, you will absolutely love it!

Looking forward to it for sure, especially with there only being 6 cars going, all of which are valuable. So it means there will be no unnecessary driving techniques.
 #3747746  by kipps
 Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:06 pm
I always go through a full tank (brimmed for the drive there in the morning) and 2 x 20 ltr Jerry cans. I just about make it home each time on fumes from the last can :lol: (Based on me driving Preston to Oulton and back at approx 45 miles each way)

Mine's not boosted though - I'd probably use alot more if it was :shock: :lol:
 #3747806  by Milano Trev
 Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 pm
kipps wrote:I always go through a full tank (brimmed for the drive there in the morning) and 2 x 20 ltr Jerry cans. I just about make it home each time on fumes from the last can :lol: (Based on me driving Preston to Oulton and back at approx 45 miles each way)

Mine's not boosted though - I'd probably use alot more if it was :shock: :lol:

Only cos you poor it down the side of the car when filling back up dude...
 #3747833  by kipps
 Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:34 pm
Im pretty sure that was your fault, you were tasked with the job of holding the funnel, I was pouring ... you failed to locate the funnel correctly into my tank and still owe me £10 for the lost petrol !!!! :lol:
 #3748503  by Batfink76
 Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 pm
kipps wrote:Im pretty sure that was your fault, you were tasked with the job of holding the funnel, I was pouring ... you failed to locate the funnel correctly into my tank and still owe me £10 for the lost petrol !!!! :lol:

Did he have problems finding the hole :lol: , sorry couldnt resist.