The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
Rear seats are a decent weight saving as is removing spare wheel and jack but rear cards etc dont really save a owt for he hassle of pulling it all out. Remember to keep an eye on your tyre pressures and defo oil level!!! You want good lot of life in your brakes too!!! Recommend fresh fluid and a track inspired brake pad (ds2500, cosworth trackmaster, ebc yellow/bluestuff etc) other than that, start slow, learn the circuit and have fun!!!!

Im not booked on yet as my brake kit hast rolled up but ill come up for a look!!! You can leave ya gear in the back of my R mate :)
Your gear should be fine, everyone's in the same boat so there's tackle everywhere. If you want though keep it near mine as there will be a few of us so there should be someone there most of the time. As for stripping the rear i'd only do it if you intend on leaving it out.
Cheers gents.

Yes forgot to say I've also done a little work on the brakes in preparation for this. New Mintex discs and pads at the back and Tarox F2000 discs with DS2500 pads at the front. That and ATE super racing blue fluid. I've never used that fluid on track before so hopefully its upto the job.

Looking at the Javelin entrants list there are 4 Civics booked now. It would be great if we could get together and make a little corner "ours" so theres a few people around the look after the kit.

James
i'm one of the civics (ash) dan my workmate is in one and i'll be with a couple mx5s and a few others so theres plenty of us. If i can find my pop up tent i'll be taking that too keeps things out of sight so if you can fit anything in feel free. might be worth bringing one too if you have one [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
perksy wrote:Cheers gents.

Yes forgot to say I've also done a little work on the brakes in preparation for this. New Mintex discs and pads at the back and Tarox F2000 discs with DS2500 pads at the front. That and ATE super racing blue fluid. I've never used that fluid on track before so hopefully its upto the job.

Looking at the Javelin entrants list there are 4 Civics booked now. It would be great if we could get together and make a little corner "ours" so theres a few people around the look after the kit.

James
Brakes should be fine then dood!!! Get there early and get down on the decent tarmac in the pits as i soon dissapears!! Haha
Really wanna do this, but need my brakes to show up :( hopefully they will and ill just book in on the day
I hope so, I've got rear pads to do tonight and also fronts but think I'll leave them to do there as I think it'll be better to bed them in on track. Had new tyres fitted yesterday and they are catching somewhere when hitting dips in the road but I'll have to put up with it tomorrow. Other than that i'm ready :-D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]