The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
Me and a mate have booked track day at Cadwell park on 8th March.

I've done a few track days before, but this is my first in the Civic and my first at Cadwell.

Anyone else fancy coming along?

Alternatively, has anyone got any top tips for how the Civic performs on a track day and maybe any weak points I should keep an eye on?

Entrants list here http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/track ... Itemid=703

James
My mates booked on this with his mx5 so i'll more than likely be going to watch. I may even book on late if there's space, got oulton park next friday to do first before i decide. Only done cadwell once and it was a red hot day so very grippy but i'd say watch your entry speed to start with into hall bends (twisty bit at the top) as you don't really want to lose it there. Coppice which is the left hander after the start/finish is a good bend and almost flat out
If my baffled sumps on then ill join in!!! Cadwell is on my doorstep and had a few hundred laps of it, you can get way to confident to quickly and think you know the track and then it bites you in the ass!!! Entry off chris curve to goosekneck can easily have you make mistake and charlies 2 exit. Turn in too early here and you'll run out of road on the exit.
If your on road tyres you will be ok, its only needed for like r888 etc
Just run an extra half litre or so above the maximum mark for piece of mind. If i get booked on ill be glad to take anyone round for a lap or two if they need a hand with lines etc

Heres ya circuit map bro

Nik
Cheers JDP - yes I'm on road tyres so I'll do just that.

Yes I'll take you up on your offer of a passenger ride if you're around. I've booked a tuition session as well as I often find that instantly turns me from a complete noob into a fairly competent noob.

Also - does anyone know if there is anywhere to stash a few tools, spare parts, spare wheel etc. At Mallory/Donnington/Silverstone in years gone by I used to book a garage where I could dump a load of stuff but I know nothing about Cadwell - any ideas?

James
No worries mate, if im not booked on ill jump in for a lap or three
Sadly Cadwell has NO garages so its keep ya stuff in ya mates cars etc or do as we do and just leave it, in the 8 yrs ive been up there ive not had anything go missing, but never say never lol

Nik
I was going to book it last week as I'm in Hull and it's only down the road but my car won't be ready till then. Brakes, throttle body and speed sensor need looking at and booked in at Grinspeed on 17th March (he's a really busy man). So looks like my track day will have to wait and I'll be booking in a few months time!
Less than a week to go now.

I've been looking a the footage on the Oulton Park thread on here - VERY impressive cars and driving!!!

I've done 5 or 6 track days before this, but this is my first time in the Civic and my first time at Cadwell. I'm also bringing a mate with me (second driver) who has absolutely no experience at all.

The car is in good nick and has a good few mods but I'm wondering if I should do a bit of stripping out.

Performance mods wise, the car has;

Eibach pro springs, camber bolts and camber arms with FRSU.
Tegwia cf intake
CPL reflash Hondata ECU
Stainless cat back
Engine mount inserts

Its also got decent tyres (not track tyres though) and that's about it. Its definitely not a track special but its ok.

Would it be worth doing a bit of stripping? I'm thinking rear seats and rear door cards.

Also, I'm taking a few tools, oil, jack etc and I was thinking of either leaving them in the car or finding a quiet corner to leave them in while I was on track. Any idea if ther eis anywhere even slightly secure to leave stuff?

Any advice much appreciated.

James

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]