The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
JDP wrote:You looked to be going well today ash!!!!!! Car looks to handle real nice
Cheers dude, i had a problem with the new tyres rubbing quite badly but other than that it was ok. i was impressed by the rsr's aswell for half the money of toyos they're still up there with them in performance
shaRRpy wrote:looks like there was a few greasy corners.cars looking great ash,the cage is the buisness.whats the full spec and size of your wheels and tyres.
Cheers sharrpy, It was actually bone dry it's just the pictures make it look a bit greasy. all tyres are 225/45/17 rsr's front wheels are 8.5j et35 and rears are 8j et48 with 3mm spacer [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] Do you own a certain red car now btw?
winim17 wrote:Was it just the fronts that were rubbing R'ash?. Think you've pretty much made up my mind now to go for the RSR's.
Mainly front but i think abit more camber will cure it, my problem is the wheel width and offset as i think on another wheel they'd be no problems. Rears just catch slightly when hitting dips in the road but i only half rolled the arches so would probably clear if fully done. Like i say i couldn't fault the Rsr's and thats coming from using r888s last. Rsr- £85 r888-£160 made my mind up :lol:
Prob just the atch liners on the front and if its owt like mine, it rubs on the rear where the bumper screws to the chassis after rolling the arches. What suspension you running as car looked real
composed through hall bends, apart from when a gt3rs was stalking you lol
Yea same man!!! Ill get in soon enough, just wanna get my brake kit sorted first as its a bit one off and then im good to go (hopefully)
I appreciate the whole keeping your car mint etc but i prefere to have it looking alright and throwing money and time at developing it into a weapon on the track instead :)
R'ash wrote:
shaRRpy wrote:looks like there was a few greasy corners.cars looking great ash,the cage is the buisness.whats the full spec and size of your wheels and tyres.
Cheers sharrpy, It was actually bone dry it's just the pictures make it look a bit greasy. all tyres are 225/45/17 rsr's front wheels are 8.5j et35 and rears are 8j et48 with 3mm spacer [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] Do you own a certain red car now btw?
Ok cheers bud I'm just trying to sort out some new track wheels.hopefully with a bit of fettling you can get yours sorted.
Yeah I've bought a cheap old little run about. :wink:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]