The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
User avatar
By winim17
#3743855
Wicked day!.

In car vid below with Beav148 in the passenger seat. Chasing a Focus that kept pulling away from me on the straights. I finally got past then the git snuck past following two of those Westfield/Caterham things at which point Beav turns to me to tell me I'm far too polite :lol: Also back end steps out a bit on the last corner at 12.30

Good day all in all but looking back I could have pushed a lot harder and was braking far too early for some of the corners(all part of learning though).

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
User avatar
By Milano Trev
#3743856
winim17 wrote:Wicked day!.

In car vid below with Beav148 in the passenger seat. Chasing a Focus that kept pulling away from me on the straights. I finally got past then the git snuck past following two of those Westfield/Caterham things at which point Beav turns to me to tell me I'm far too polite :lol: Also back end steps out a bit on the last corner at 12.30

Good day all in all but looking back I could have pushed a lot harder and was braking far too early for some of the corners(all part of learning though).

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
No point pushing past your limit and binning it.. Then there would be tears :)
User avatar
By winim17
#3743880
Milano Trev wrote:
winim17 wrote:Wicked day!.

In car vid below with Beav148 in the passenger seat. Chasing a Focus that kept pulling away from me on the straights. I finally got past then the git snuck past following two of those Westfield/Caterham things at which point Beav turns to me to tell me I'm far too polite :lol: Also back end steps out a bit on the last corner at 12.30

Good day all in all but looking back I could have pushed a lot harder and was braking far too early for some of the corners(all part of learning though).

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
No point pushing past your limit and binning it.. Then there would be tears :)
Definitely agree with you there mate. I've also got an in car of that Jag and Polo G40 racing then both of them lunging into Shell in front of people and then both getting black flagged :lol: which I haven't uploaded yet.
User avatar
By Milano Trev
#3743881
winim17 wrote:
Milano Trev wrote:
winim17 wrote:Wicked day!.

In car vid below with Beav148 in the passenger seat. Chasing a Focus that kept pulling away from me on the straights. I finally got past then the git snuck past following two of those Westfield/Caterham things at which point Beav turns to me to tell me I'm far too polite :lol: Also back end steps out a bit on the last corner at 12.30

Good day all in all but looking back I could have pushed a lot harder and was braking far too early for some of the corners(all part of learning though).

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
No point pushing past your limit and binning it.. Then there would be tears :)
Definitely agree with you there mate. I've also got an in car of that Jag and Polo G40 racing then both of them lunging into Shell in front of people and then both getting black flagged :lol: which I haven't uploaded yet.
Cool that needs uploading as the jag was being a nob
User avatar
By kipps
#3743902
Nah the Jag guy was enjoying himself - I drove worse than him for most of the day and didnt get black flagged (including putting all four wheels off the track at once point ) :lol: :lol:
User avatar
By graeme01
#3743907
I've got 2 witnesses(passengers) to kipps driving and both of them said he was either really talented or suicidal ! :-)
The driver of the polo turbo racing the jag has put the lap up on you tube were they both get black flagged ! It's good viewing !!
User avatar
By kipps
#3743908
Heres quick vid of how not to drive round Oulton :lol:

Really need to change my tyres and actually have the wheels balanced this time after viewing how bad the wobble is on the video :lol:


User avatar
By winim17
#3743928
graeme01 wrote:I've got 2 witnesses(passengers) to kipps driving and both of them said he was either really talented or suicidal ! :-)
The driver of the polo turbo racing the jag has put the lap up on you tube were they both get black flagged ! It's good viewing !!
You got a Link to the vid? Wouldn't mind seeing that. Plus will take me a day to upload my vid of it :-|
User avatar
By Milano Trev
#3743962
graeme01 wrote:Effortlessly quick ! It's been on a few of the track action trackdays and embarrassed some quick cars !
He's a good driver too makes it look easy
User avatar
By R'ash
#3744036
Good videos :salut: wish i'd sorted some sort of camera out now :bigcry: Did anyone else think it was very quiet? i found myself going round on my own quite a bit. Enjoyed a good few laps round with Graeme though [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Few pics of mine, i put some up on facebook but i'll put them here aswell :smile:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
By R'ash
#3744121
winim17 wrote:Car looks great R'ash :salut:
Cheers dude :smile: is yours the jrsc milano?? Sounded awesome at full chat!
User avatar
By graeme01
#3744136
R'ash cars looking good in the pics ! Just a shame the photographer didn't catch you getting it on 3 wheels as it looked pretty spectacular when we were pushing each other :-)
User avatar
By R'ash
#3744149
graeme01 wrote:R'ash cars looking good in the pics ! Just a shame the photographer didn't catch you getting it on 3 wheels as it looked pretty spectacular when we were pushing each other :-)
:lol: yeah would have like to have seen it. How you rate your rsr's anyway? thinking of buying a set in 225 size for them rotas and doing away with swapping wheels over all the time. There's a site doing 225/45/17 at £85 inc vat and delivered!!
User avatar
By graeme01
#3744154
That's cheap might invest in some more at that price ! Can't fault them they've held up well to the track days I've done, just had issues with them rubbing on the rear trailing arms and inner quarters at oulton ! Had to strip the rear quarters down and clean and waxoyl them today :-(
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
FK8 Fog light protectors

pm sent