The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By R'ash
A video i took from yesterday afternoon after the racing line had dried out a bit. You'll have to skip a couple of mins at start as i have no video editing skills :lol:

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
By EPGhost
Looks like you had an interesting day with those conditions. I saw the white S2000 went off!
How were the brakes Ash? probably didn't get to properly use them with a damp track
By R'ash
EPGhost wrote:Looks like you had an interesting day with those conditions. I saw the white S2000 went off!
How were the brakes Ash? probably didn't get to properly use them with a damp track
They were faultless was very pleased with them [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] plus its the first time I've gone home without some horrible vibration.
By gobbledygook
I had a good day, even though I only managed 50mins on track before my supercharger broke. The impeller broke off!

After removing the impeller from the housing in the pits I managed to get the car home OK. I now need to see if there is any other damage, clean out the intake and fit a new charger ready for returning to Oulton Park in March
By R'ash
gobbledygook wrote:I had a good day, even though I only managed 50mins on track before my supercharger broke. The impeller broke off!

After removing the impeller from the housing in the pits I managed to get the car home OK. I now need to see if there is any other damage, clean out the intake and fit a new charger ready for returning to Oulton Park in March
Glad it got you back home, at least with it going early gave you time to get it drivable again. Touch wood nothing else was damaged and hope to see it running again soon!
By Milano Trev
R'ash wrote:A video i took from yesterday afternoon after the racing line had dried out a bit. You'll have to skip a couple of mins at start as i have no video editing skills :lol:

[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]
Just watched that video, I need to start braking later and going full throttle sooner - as the car looks more planted and capable than what I'm thinking

Good video though dude
By EPGhost
Milano Trev wrote:
R'ash wrote:A video i took from yesterday afternoon after the racing line had dried out a bit. You'll have to skip a couple of mins at start as i have no video editing skills :lol:
Just watched that video, I need to start braking later and going full throttle sooner - as the car looks more planted and capable than what I'm thinking

Good video though dude

It takes time to get used to driving on track, I always look at my videos after and think I could go faster but at the time it felt like you are on the limit.
Also didn't look the best of days to go being brave either with wet and dry lines haha. Wish I could have come down but its too far to travel just to watch :sad:
By Milano Trev
True, just need to build confidence in myself as I know the car is more than capable..

Few issues with the wheels, rubbing on damper cup at front as I'm not running coilovers yet - so had to use some 3mm spacers for the day (cheers ash)
Also the rears where catching and rubbing even with rolled arches.. Drivers side was rubbing on bumper fixing as it bolts to rear quarter.. So had to fit road wheels to the rear to prevent

That said car still behaved better, on the dry line, better than it did in march..
By gobbledygook
R'ash wrote:Glad it got you back home, at least with it going early gave you time to get it drivable again. Touch wood nothing else was damaged and hope to see it running again soon!
Thanks, it would have been nice to get a bit more time on track, but it could have been worse!

I have compression tested the engine and it's still got good compression. I had the bore scope in the engine and there's definately some pitting on the top of the pistons that wasn't there before. It's not bad enough so that they look like the sand cast stock pistons, but they have taken some stick from the bits of charger that went through the engine. It's not bad enough to make me want to strip down the engine though. So I just need to clean out the intake, change the oil, fit a new charger and I'm ready to go.....
By winim17
kipps wrote:[youtubenew]
[/youtubenew]

Chasing Beav for abit at the beginning through I traffic I think [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
You were rapid mate! You went flying past me on one lap and me and my mate were in my car laughing at how much quicker you were.
By Milano Trev
gobbledygook wrote:
R'ash wrote:Glad it got you back home, at least with it going early gave you time to get it drivable again. Touch wood nothing else was damaged and hope to see it running again soon!
Thanks, it would have been nice to get a bit more time on track, but it could have been worse!

I have compression tested the engine and it's still got good compression. I had the bore scope in the engine and there's definately some pitting on the top of the pistons that wasn't there before. It's not bad enough so that they look like the sand cast stock pistons, but they have taken some stick from the bits of charger that went through the engine. It's not bad enough to make me want to strip down the engine though. So I just need to clean out the intake, change the oil, fit a new charger and I'm ready to go.....
That's good news... Well as good as it could be really.. Hope it's all sorted soon enough dude
By winim17
kipps wrote:which one was your EP3 Winim ? (im useless at Forum names to faces :lol: )
The JRSC with the carbon boot. The vid of the flyby is me filmed by my mate. Once you went passed me I was following (well trying) for a bit and realised my line was off on a couple of corners.

I had an instructor session at 3pm and went really well once I had someone who knew what they were doing telling me what to do :lol:
By D4Z3D
[/youtubenew]

Chasing Beav for abit at the beginning through I traffic I think [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
short gears, stripped, n/a = awesome [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Dannygti
[/youtubenew]

Man you really need to chill out! You are aware that not everyone is a track hero don't you?
Everyone has payed their money and everyone has a different skill set. Patience is a virtue as they say.

On a more positive note the car looks pretty well geared for uk trackdays.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]