The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
, i'm at Ring the fri 2nd to wednesday as track day on the monday and tuesday.

My 130i, a black 996 911 and a black 997 Turbo S, and two EP3's, One NA one supercharged, both stripped and caged
I'm going over on Sat 10th and Sun 11th. Not taking the EP3 on though, well might do one cheeky lap.

Hiring the Stage 2 Swifts both afternoons.

I get the ferry over though on Thurs lunch time, so apart from Brussels, where's a good place to stay over Thurs and Friday for a piss up? Is Spa a decent place for a look at the track and then beers at night?

Or Liege/Aachen/Bruge/Lux city?
I'm heading down for a weeks holiday on Wed 31st :-D
Staying at a camp site near the track. Going down with a group called "Retro Run" ok the EP3 isn't retro but I'm tagging along with a couple mates doing it. If you see a load of 205 GTi's & mini's racing around, that's us [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Was suppose to go to SPA for a track day that week but we couldn't get enough in a group for a discount so that's been called off. Will do a few more laps of the 'Ring instead :twisted:

I'll be in my Milano EP3, 04 plate. Give us a shout if you see me...

CJ
xslickr wrote:can someone tell me how SPA works? Is it like the nurburgring where you just turn up, buy a ticket/card and line up at the barrier??

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
It's a track day rather than a toll road, you have to book in advance on their website, just Google it :P
What do people use for brake setups to go to the ring? I took mine last time and the pads were smoking from just a quick blast!

sh-t pads? sh-t fluid?

Thinking of getting some decent fluid (?) Ferodo DS2500 and solid discs (already got braided lines).

Will a poor brake bleed have caused this? I'm suspicious that we didn't use up enough fluid when replacing the lines.
Danith wrote:What do people use for brake setups to go to the ring? I took mine last time and the pads were smoking from just a quick blast!

sh-t pads? sh-t fluid?

Thinking of getting some decent fluid (?) Ferodo DS2500 and solid discs (already got braided lines).

Will a poor brake bleed have caused this? I'm suspicious that we didn't use up enough fluid when replacing the lines.

ferodo ds2500 pads, normal discs, descent fluid and braided lines. Good to go. never had issues on mine even when i've done 30 laps in a day even on 6 lap stints on a trackday there. First mod i done on my most recent Ep3 so i can lap next weekend
cheers pal. thats good to hear. what tyres did you use?
yella wrote:
Danith wrote:What do people use for brake setups to go to the ring? I took mine last time and the pads were smoking from just a quick blast!

sh-t pads? sh-t fluid?

ferodo ds2500 pads, normal discs, descent fluid and braided lines. Good to go. never had issues on mine even when i've done 30 laps in a day even on 6 lap stints on a trackday there. First mod i done on my most recent Ep3 so i can lap next weekend
Danith wrote:cheers pal. thats good to hear. what tyres did you use?
yella wrote:

sh-t pads? sh-t fluid?

bridgestone Re040 usually but discontinued now.

got to buy some tomorrow so not sure yet
so a decent road tyre will hold up well? I've got michelin primacy at the mo with about 5mm but thinking of taking a spare set of road wheels to get there or those yokos + wheels you're flogging!
Danith wrote:so a decent road tyre will hold up well? I've got michelin primacy at the mo with about 5mm but thinking of taking a spare set of road wheels to get there or those yokos + wheels you're flogging!

road tyres are ok, unless you have a full on set up track car, something like my brothers Ep3 which is caged and as rigid as feck will find the weakness in road tyres which will overheat in say 2 laps. But the average Ep3 will be fine on road tyres. obviously all road tyres are different, and every driver likes different styles of tyre.

balancing act really against cost too.

don't forget track will wear tyres, the ring is pretty good as smooth and well rubbered but Spa does eat tyres.
yella wrote:
Danith wrote:so a decent road tyre will hold up well? I've got michelin primacy at the mo with about 5mm but thinking of taking a spare set of road wheels to get there or those yokos + wheels you're flogging!

road tyres are ok, unless you have a full on set up track car, something like my brothers Ep3 which is caged and as rigid as feck will find the weakness in road tyres which will overheat in say 2 laps. But the average Ep3 will be fine on road tyres. obviously all road tyres are different, and every driver likes different styles of tyre.

balancing act really against cost too.

don't forget track will wear tyres, the ring is pretty good as smooth and well rubbered but Spa does eat tyres.
cheers, nah mines just a std road car with ABP springs and Grinspeed FRSU. I don't do trackdays so need something that's not overly expensive!

Might take rear seats out for a bit less weight and stress on brakes, dunno if its worth it though.

Needs MOT, tax, brakes as it is!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]