The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
Ahh it's you! :lol: I forgot you are in a DC5 now. I am using your EP3 reverse vids on youtube to learn the track as i have never done the reverse knockhill before.

The bit that concerns me is the braking zone for going into clarks, braking round a corner looks interesting
How about tha, never thought abanyone would watch them!

You can carry a lot of speed onto that corner, been a while since I drove reverse direction but from memory it wasn't too bad. Got a bit tricky trying to brake, heel and toe shift down and turn through the corner. Easy place to miss a gear. But on the whole, it's fairly level, trick is too be smooth.

Love driving reverse direction, you get good sights of the track so can place the car well and going through the Chicane is good fun.

Wondering if I've seen your car at Knockhill before, sometime a few civic with forum stickers.
Yea i am looking forward to driving the track in reverse - it looks really good fun! Do they offer different sessions based on experience at these japfest events? or is it a free for all?

My civic is completely OEM looking so probably one of a hundred there at any given track day, if you have seen it you probably walked right past it and paid no notice :-D.

I was up at the monster unit night a couple of weeks ago and there was a really fast DC5 on track, 260bhp N/A apparently. He was hanging on to the big power M3's etc
It runs a similar format to normal hot hatchdays I think, so road and track class plus an additional jap class.

To be honest, isn't as many civics there as you'd think. Will have to keep an eye out for you, I'm not very easy to miss
;-)

Was planning on going to that but work got in the way. Was it a white dc5, guy called "Bonson" owns it and it's had a lot of work done to it. Some good videos of him holding on to the tail of an Evo lap after lap, guy can drive like.
Ahh well in that case i will be joining the road class, i still have road tyres on it :lol:. I will be in the clean silver 30AE that looks stock.

Yea it was the white DC5 at the monster unit night that stood out, was effing quick! Had no trouble hangining on to some really quick cars. Heres hoping we get the same weather they had a the monster unit night.
Just booked my track time, :WOOT

I'd probably advise it, going in track class.

Must have been last year in my EP3 I ended up in Track Class because Road class was rather busy and Track class rather empty.

Fair enough it wasn't a busy class (only 3 cars on first session) so got plenty of space to concentrate but later on during the day it got busy and some of the guys with the big power cars (i.e 700bhp Time Attack Evo, high power Cossie etc) think they rule the place.

Overtaking around corners and what not. Couple of times if I hadn't checked my mirrors going through Duffers or somewhere there would have been a serious accident as the guy in the Evo decided to go for Apex as I was...

Also ended up 3 abreast down the back straight with me in the middle, that was scary. Cossie let of a nice bang as it went past (as I went past a Scoobie [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] ) and crapped myself, though he'd clipped the car,
hehe excellent, not long to go now!

Hmm that sounds like good advice. I think i would rather be in the quieter of the two sessions, even though with only 226 bhp and road tyres, ill be a mobile chicane :lol:

Yeah i though all these open track days were supposed to be overtake on invite only to avoid that kind of three abrest action?
It is meant to be overtaking on the straights only, and the person being overtaken you indicate over, will be explained at the briefing.

Getting excited for this now. Car is ready, new semi slicks fitted. Buzzing
Was a brilliant day, fantastic weather, brilliant cars and to my surprise, fantastic driving standards. In Group 5 at least with the other Jap Cars we were all a good enough match and no one was hogging the track etc.

Couple nasty crashes though, worst looked like that white Scoobie spinning onto the home straight and into the tyre wall.

D4Z3D - your wheels looked great, suited the silver really well too. Was good meeting you.
Hey mate, it was nice to meet you also, and your teg is definitely the right colour, absolutely stunning!

I saw one really bad crash in the morning during session 1 of group 4, a turbo'd 205 gti went off sideways at clarks and when he hit the gravel he rolled a few times. Car was completely totalled but the cage ensured the drivers were ok!

I wish i was in your group as it looked like alot of the cars were tegs and civics - i.e. similar performance to me. I ended up in the track "above 180 bhp" class (what a fecking understatement) and it was full of 500 - 800 bhp bhp cars :lol: . I got lapped by the 800 bhp fiesta twice in 6 laps! Atleast i wasn't the slowest car in there, i was quicker than a couple of the clios, a bmw 328 estate, citreon AX and surprisingly the scary looking e46 M3. I was chatting to the owner throughout the day as i have always fancied an M3, he told me it was running 380 bhp. He only pulled a car length along the straight up to 110 mph, and i was able to go a fair bit quicker than him through the corners. I chased him for the first 3 sessions and he tried to chase me for the last 3 - was a riot :-D .

Vids on the build thread: http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 9&t=244972
Last edited by D4Z3D on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers bud :bigthumb:

Never saw the accident with the 205 but heard about it on the PA. Good to hear the driver is alright but shame about the car. Hits home a bit...

Its all an experience, live and learn, can only apologies if I pointed you in the wrong direction earlier.

Found this trawling Facebook for photos, lol

Awesome day! Session 5 had a surprisingly good mix of vehicles. Nothing too crazy apart from the Evo and the S2K.
Good fun playing on the track with you Wingnuttzz :thumbup:
Love the rims D4Z3D, candy red is so bling.
Got a couple of vids to upload soon too!
Haha don't worry about it, i had fun in the super track class - it gave me a bit of perspective of just how slow my car is VS anything with a turbo. I think i would have pushed alot harder in group 5 as i would be chasing cars similar pace to me - which isn't necessarily a good thing! In the morning session i was running 66-67 second laps outrunning the E46 M3, but in the afternoon my brakes were beginning to deteriorate so i backed it off to 68 -70 second laps as i had it in the back of my mind that i had to drive the car home at the end of the day :lol:.

As for the red wheels, they are only on the car at the track as they are much too bling for me on the road. Also i like the sleeper looks :-D . Looking forward to seeing your vids chingman, i saw your ep3 with the teg wheels on it - i take it you have your arches rolled to fit them ?
Never a good feeling to have dodgy brakes :( I'd know all too well coming from a Mitsub FTO lol.
Surprisingly I didn't have to roll my arches. Just slapped a set of 25mm hub-symmetric spacers on it and all has been fine with a wider stance. Ideally I should cause I do get the most tiniest of rubs but only on super full lock or going over a really harsh bump at speed. Just on the front arch liners though so not too bothered!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]