The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
EPGhost wrote:Yeah they are Meisters, what have you got? I'd like to see it if it was possible to get some air haha
Just standard shocks with apex springs. Are yours the straight arm version? Just there's 2 sets for sale at the min both straight arm which im thinking of buying but heard they dont work well with lsd? They'd be ok for now I guess as I dont have an lsd but thinking in future I may well have
Yeah mine are straight arm with a rack raiser too, arms are completely horizontal! It's mainly down to alignment really, people fit a diff and coilovers without a good alignment then wonder why it's all over the place! I do get a bit of pulling sometimes but that's the diff working and its always on uneven roads. It's also people fitting a part that they haven't had on a car before then not liking the feeling of it working.
That's just what I think anyway, its a well debated subject and theres obviously a lot of factors involved ie ride height, wheels/tyres, bushes, RCA's ect. Area 'fixed' a customers car just by doing an alignment.
R'ash wrote:
EPGhost wrote:I'll be looking for it later :-) had a busy few days so not had time
:-D. Btw is a rack raiser a must with the straight arms?

I have the straight arm design on my coilovers and dont use a rack raiser - although mines isn't 'slammed' by any means of the imagination. I Agree with Chris about it not causing any problems - Its all down to the owner and geo setup etc
There's a few pics in my build thread before and after the raiser, think its page 2or3. As Kipps said its not hugely important, I am a little lower though I think.

Here's the vid [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] I've left it quite long as I chased down a vx220 near the end haha

Last edited by EPGhost on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]